Well Im trading my Lang 84 for a 48

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

atcnick

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 1, 2010
Longview, Texas
Made a deal with a guy, Im trading my Lang 84D w/chargriller for his 48D + cash.    Although I love my 84 and Im a little sad to let it go I think its just more smoker than I need right now.  Not to mention I have to hook it up to my truck and tow it from the garage to the backyard everytime I want to use it.  With the 48 i should be able to move it around by hand or atleast a tow dolly.   I usually only cook for family and a couple friends that order brisket and ribs.   My work schedule sucks so I wont be expanding and cooking for more people when you would normally expect them to want bbq - weekends, etc.

How much do you guys that own a 48D fit in your smoker?   I see the specs on the Lang site but would like to hear from real life experience.

Can't help you, don't own a Lang.  
th_crybaby2.gif

Maybe someday!   
sausage.gif

To bad, but you should be able to stick 10-8# butts on there like they say, I'm sure some pack a little more in there somehow. 
icon14.gif

I posted what a 36 will hold but not only are you asking about a 48 but you also have the warmer.  I am uncertain if the warmer will actually provide enough heat to cook meat but I remember reading somewhere about a mod that was made to a damper???

Take a look at my 36 post and maybe add 30%  you will be adding more rack space without increasing the size of the opening for the reverse flow.  You may want to pm ShooterRick, he drops in once in a while when not busy with work and visiting grandkids.  He has a straight 48 

Well I backed out of the deal. I think I would have really regretted going from an 84 to a 48, even though I don't come close to filling up my 84.

-Nick via Tapatalk

Or should I say, haven't come close to filling it up yet! Been too dang hot to even walk outside.

-Nick via Tapatalk

What shape was the 48 in that is still plenty of smoker.  I got my eye on a RK250 from East Texas Smoker Company  about the same capacity as your 84 minus the cool grill you got up front.

It wasn't horrible shape, not as good as shape as mine I would say though. I just didn't have a food feeling about the trade. Really would have wanted to trade for a 60 model.

The rk250 is a fine looking smoker, I've read mostly good things about them. They're not far from me, I've tried contacting them a couple times but can never get a hold of anyone. Than this lang84 showed on on Craigslist in Houston for a steal of a price.

-Nick via Tapatalk

It wasn't horrible shape, not as good as shape as mine I would say though. I just didn't have a food feeling about the trade. Really would have wanted to trade for a 60 model.

The rk250 is a fine looking smoker, I've read mostly good things about them. They're not far from me, I've tried contacting them a couple times but can never get a hold of anyone. Than this lang84 showed on on Craigslist in Houston for a steal of a price.

-Nick via Tapatalk

I remember when you picked it up I think you got the smoker you want right now.  I am still about 6 months to a year away from my smoker purchase the drums are doing fine for now just want the ability to cook a lot of meat at once when needed.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky