weekend smoke plans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lexoutlaw

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 17, 2011
Lexington,KY
hi all.....

well, i think i got in mind what im gonna smoke this weekend.

first up, im thinkin some good BB's, and im gonna make BR's blackberry chipotle BBQ sauce i found this week on here....i love blackberries, so i cant resist. the ribs are gonna be just a vessel...haha. not much advice needed for ribs, pretty standard round my house. the sauce is whats gonna be unique for me.

second....i am going to attempt my first fatty. ive never done one of these, so advice would be helpful. im thinking of using a hotter sausage, and stuffing with provolone, pepperoni, basil, and some pineapple. ive been thinking of one of these for a while, and have read plenty of threads. and advice you want to offer will be greatly appreciated.

i may also end up doing a rib roast since they are on sale, and its been a popular trend here lately, i wanna give it a try.....but, bein easter and plans on sunday...may just have too much food. think ill take advantage of the sale, and get it in the freezer.

ill be posting plenty of qview starting tomm night id say, and all day saturday. supposed to be a nasty weekend, glad im set up in my garage now. so, pull up a seat and lets eat......:)

I am doing a 8lb Butt and a Pork Loin right now. They have been on for 2 hrs.  Raining here right now...Good day for smoking..

well, had an interesting weekend weather wise. had some major storms roll through, sirens and all. but....i got some of my cooking done. did a couple fatties and a shoulder for eggrolls....but, havent pulled the pork yet.

e325b9a3_IMG_0323.jpg

ingredients for the pulled pork......nothing unusual here.

1030f3ed_IMG_0320.jpg

rubbed down and into the fridge

ce99bf00_IMG_0321.jpg

after an hour or two in the smoker......didnt get any finished pics of this....well, cause i havent yet...haha. prob have some eggroll pics in the next few days.

b99facf8_IMG_0331.jpg

some jalapeno poppers to tied me over

c7afea1e_IMG_0337.jpg

now for the fatties......

ingredients for fatties....not the spices......just the items laid out, and pineapple...that you dont see. i learned a few things about these that i may do differently next time.

76ddd1c4_IMG_0322.jpg

817193b4_IMG_0324.jpg

1f88abaa_IMG_0325.jpg

d888d56a_IMG_0326.jpg

7fff2e8d_IMG_0327.jpg

cc238197_IMG_0328.jpg

83626112_IMG_0329.jpg

rolled up and ready to go. these were pretty easy....looks like ive done it before...lol

0f7da315_IMG_0330.jpg

dont touch my pork!!!

56d29aaa_IMG_0335.jpg

and the finale........

cd6f3713_IMG_0338.jpg

6c757c45_IMG_0339.jpg

17d56a12_IMG_0340.jpg

so, these turned out perfectly.....what ill do diff next time......will not use bfast sausage...especially with these ingredients, or similar. ill prob go with a sweet italian sausage, or something along those lines. also...prob wont use basil again for smoking. it didnt seem to hold up well inside, had almost a cooked spinach feel to it, which i dont like. also, prob wont use thick cut bacon either...didnt get as "crisp" as i wanted....and may stay away from hickory flavored bacon too...considering i was using hickory. lol

overall, i will for sure do these again. i have lots of ideas, using hamburger instead of sausage.....doing like a bacon cheeseburger....do italian sausage, and make a pizza style with toppings inside. lots of diff things.

as far as making the fatties....i was a little bit nervous about how they would look for my first time. but, i was suprised how simple it really was. putting the sausage in baggie and flattening was key. as to the seran wrap......twisting those suckers up, sealed the edges up, and didnt have a worry about them falling apart.

didnt get around to ribs this weekend. they are in freezer now, waiting for next weekend.

thanks for viewing.

lex

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky