Weekend Smoke -=- Brisket, Ribs, and Smoked Meatloaf with QView (FINISHED!!)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

reardenreturns

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 1, 2011
Houston, Republic of Texas
Hey Guys,
Since it's gonna be a nice weekend here, I'm throwing on some brisket, ribs, and doing a smoked meatloaf. Saw a few recipes on here, so I adapted my own (see below).
The smoker is setup and they'll be going on early in the morning. I'll update with pics and notes. :grilling_smilie:

Here's the brisket and ribs

Meatloaf Recipe:
2 pounds ground chuck
1 pound ground pork
1/2 tbsp kosher salt
1/2 tbsp black pepper
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tbsp Worchestershire
1/2 cup ketchup
1 cup Progresso Bread Crumbs
1 egg

will be waiting for some Qview....

going to be a good day at your house
icon_biggrin.gif

[quote name="Bearcarver" url="/forum/thread/105154/weekend-smoke-brisket-ribs-and-smoked-meatloaf-with-qview#post_616454"]
Good Start!

popcorn.gif

Later,

Bear
[/quote]

Aww c'mon, I only get a small box of popcorn?? What if I ratchet it up with this bit of QView??

Meatloaf at Three Hours

Brisket at Three Hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reardenreturns  
Good Start!

popcorn.gif

Later,

Bear
Aww c'mon, I only get a small box of popcorn?? What if I ratchet it up with this bit of QView??

That popcorn was for me to eat while I wait, but I'll gladly swap it for some of that Brisket, when it's done!

Bear

Ok. Brisket and ribs are still on, of course, but pulled the meatloaf at 160 and let it rest for about 15 mins. Here are the results. Get your drool mops ready!!
Made myself a little meatloaf sammie for lunch. Used a mix of ketchup and Frank's Red Hot as a condiment on the bread. Let me just say, that I have grown up making meatloaves in the oven. NEVER AGAIN. This is SOO good it's insane. :yahoo:

I'll post more when the brisket and ribs come out. Maybe in another 3 hours.

OK. Everything is done!! Here's the result. Ended up doing some chopped beef for sammies and some roasted cauliflower for a side. Hope you enjoy.
Ribs were on for 7 hours, the brisket was on for 9. It was only 5 pounds so that's about right, I think. Brought it to 195* before letting it rest and then sliced. Chopped up 1/3 of it for chopped beef. I'm really happy with the way everything turned out.

Wow.  Looks like a delicious feast.  Great job.

grilling_smilie.gif

Saw you had the 6 lb brisket in for 9 hours and pulled it at 195*.  What temp were you running the smoker at?  And what's the recommended temp for a brisket?  I've seen recommendations from anywhere from 180-200. 

I pulled mine yesterday at around 185, but wrapped it tight in foil after that so it probably rose maybe 10 more degrees before cooling down before slicing. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/105176/brisket-using-advice-from-smf-w-q-view

[quote name="WhtPlainsSmoker" url="/forum/thread/105154/weekend-smoke-brisket-ribs-and-smoked-meatloaf-with-qview-finished#post_616780"]
Wow.  Looks like a delicious feast.  Great job.

grilling_smilie.gif

Saw you had the 6 lb brisket in for 9 hours and pulled it at 195*.  What temp were you running the smoker at?  And what's the recommended temp for a brisket?  I've seen recommendations from anywhere from 180-200. 

I pulled mine yesterday at around 185, but wrapped it tight in foil after that so it probably rose maybe 10 more degrees before cooling down before slicing. http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/105176/brisket-using-advice-from-smf-w-q-view

[/quote]

Kept the smoker between 220 and 250 the whole time. The brisket was wrapped in double foil when it reached 165* then took it up to about 195*. Pulled it and left it wrapped to rest for about 30-40 mins. The higher you take it, the more it's just going to fall to pieces, which is good for chopped beef, less good if you want to slice.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky