Weekend mismash of smoking; Pork Shots, Moinks, Meatloaf, and Pulled Pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
This isn't going to be the most glamorous of threads, and there isn't allot of details. However it was a fun day and the freezer is now restocked.

Since it was a beautiful day, calm and temps in the 70s. I wanted to put the 26" kettle thru it paces and to see just how well it preformed with the SnS.

First up a 5 pound meatloaf, about a 5 pound pork shoulder, 12 moinks, and 20 pork shots. Two chunks of hickory are buried in the SnS. Links on preparing moinks and porks shots will be provided at the end of the thread. For anyone interested.

Here's the initial offerings:
DSC01417.JPG

Pork shots constructed and waiting their turn:
DSC01420.JPG

Moinks are done and the shots have taken over their grill space:
DSC01422.JPG

Shot of the finished moinks. I didn't glaze these since they're going directly into a deep freeze. To be eaten at a future date. They were rolled in a rub of Tony's prior to smoking.

DSC01424.JPG

Pork shots are cooked:

DSC01427.JPG

It's time for the meatloaf to come off the grill: Like the moinks I didn't glaze the meatloaf as it was sliced up for freezing purposes.

DSC01430.JPG

Finally it's shoulder time:

DSC01431.JPG

and the shredded shot:
DSC01435.JPG

All in all I'd have to say the 26" Kettle/SnS combo handled to load better then expected. At around the 6-7 hour mark I had to reload the SnS with charcoal, but that was about it. It maintained a 250* temp throughout the journey.

Here are my links on how to make Pork Shots and Moinks:

Pork Shots: https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/pork-shots.276391/

Moinks: https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/moinks.276989/

Thanks for taking a look. I now have a freezer full of future lunches.

Chris

Everything looks delicious!
I really didn’t realize how much space you have on the 26.
Pretty impressive!
Al

Nice work Chris! Nothing like being able to creat some tasty future lunches. I’d call this a win!

All looks good Chris ! Glad you got to enjoy a day outside cooking. Might be our last nice weekend here.

Nice work . Gotta love the 26 . Gonna be some good meals there . Great post , just show me the food and how it was done.

Beautiful piece of work Chris, between the SnS and Vortex the Weber has become the most versatile tool in the box, big Like! RAY

That's a passel of good looking food right there!! Way to mix things up and make the best of a nice day to be cooking. Freezer being stocked is always a beautiful thing for lunches and if you need a quick meal one night. Great job Chris.

Robert

Looks like a great day thx for posting

Thanks PA, It's always a great day when your smoking, but add in the nice weather and being able to take finished items off the smoker during the course of the day makes it all that much better. Thanks for the like also.

Ain't nothin I don't like about this. All looks delicious. Nice work chris

Thank you kindly Jake. Those are some of my favorite things to smoke. Tonight it's TT.

Chris

Everything looks delicious!
I really didn’t realize how much space you have on the 26.
Pretty impressive!
Al

Thanks Al, It's amazing how much more space 4" gives a grilling surface. Appreciate the like also Al.

Nice work Chris! Nothing like being able to creat some tasty future lunches. I’d call this a win!

Thanks Tag, I work a 12hr shift and it's nice to be able to bring in some good grub. Not to mention that when you heat it up. Everybody in the room looks to see what smells so good.

Chris

All looks good Chris ! Glad you got to enjoy a day outside cooking. Might be our last nice weekend here.

Thank you Sow, your not kidding about being our last good weekend. We have another day or so of nice weather. Then the cold is supposed to come back. We've already had some teaser snow.

Great cook Chris you are set for a while.

Warren

Appreciate the like and compliment Warren. With winter fast approaching I needed to start stocking up.

Chris

Kettlemaster Chris does it again :emoji_thumbsup:

Kettlemaster, Not even close moto, but thanks for the compliment. I still have a long ways to go in order to be able to play with the big boys. Thanks for the like also.

Nice work . Gotta love the 26 . Gonna be some good meals there . Great post , just show me the food and how it was done.

Totally agree Chop. The 26" is a gift from the outdoor cooking gods. I feel bad for my 22" WSM. I haven't used it at all this season. Thanks for the like also.

Chris

That kettle got a workout! Everything looks good! Great job!

Waste not, want not Justin. I didn't sit down for a real meal, but I did do my fair share of sampling, and it was good. Thanks for the like and compliment appreciate them.

Beautiful piece of work Chris, between the SnS and Vortex the Weber has become the most versatile tool in the box, big Like! RAY

Appreciate that Ray, your absolutely correct about the Vortex and SnS. They both have their place and have made my life so much easier.

Chris

Chris that all looks great! I’d especially love some of those moinks and pork shots right now.

That's a passel of good looking food right there!! Way to mix things up and make the best of a nice day to be cooking. Freezer being stocked is always a beautiful thing for lunches and if you need a quick meal one night. Great job Chris.

Robert

Appreciate that Robert and for the like. With my work schedule a freezer full of different foods is a necessity.

Great looking selection there! Like!

Thank you muchly Steve and for the like. On longer type cooks I like to mix in some of the quick treat smokes. Makes for good snacking while waiting for the longer stuff to finish.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky