Weekend eats, and Saturday Dawg Chow

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Not a lot of finished or plated shots, but in my defense I did have some buddies over this weekend.

The beer pole. A down under lager developed by a couple of yank's.

Friday night:
DSC04540.JPG

My first ever selfie:
DSC04545.JPG

Wings On:
DSC04544.JPG

Wings off:
DSC04551.JPG

Onto Saturday: There's also scotch bonnet that was camera shy.
DSC04562.JPG

Freezer dive for the proteins: about 3lbs of burger, pound of Italian sausage, and a package of thick sliced bacon
DSC04563.JPG

Sauteed half the veggies and the other half in the food processor. Add some worcestershire and BBQ sauce, Jeffs rub, and oats.
DSC04571.JPG

Gently fold into meat and free form a loaf:
DSC04575.JPG

Bacon weave:
DSC04579.JPG

A rack of spares and a rack of Babies:
DSC04578.JPG

Seasoned and onto the kettle:
DSC04586.JPG

Well that's where the pic's end. It started getting dark and I wasn't seeing too clearly. Sorry about that, but I will say that it was a successful day at the smoker and on the gridiron for the Dawgs.

Chris

Jeez Chris, looks like you got everything but the kitchen sink...or did it just not make it into the pics? That's a heap of some great looking food buddy!!

Robert

Reactions: gmc2003
Looks Great Chris, that beer pole is getting a workout putting the oil can on it. Nice spread of food.

Nice load of foods,
Don't be ashamed to show your face around here...lol
Love the cape on the meat loaf.

Good weekend of grub Chris

David
Thanks Dave, I'm not a big fan of posting my pic on the internet, but I wanted folks to know that I'm a real person. The cape on the loaf was most excellent. I cut the weave in half for the loaf and smoked the other half for a breakfast sammie this morning.
That's a lot of chow!!
Are those wings frozen?
Appreciate is smokeymose. The wings weren't frozen when I bought them They were in the chicken section of the meat case next to the other chicken parts. I'm sure they probably were frozen at some point. I like whole wings better then the already broken down wings.

Chris

Looks good as usual . Nice work bud .
Thanks Rich, I wasn't going to post this one. However I thought it showed the size and capacity of the 26" kettle.
Great looking feast!! My kind of selfie, lol!!
Appreciate it bern. I also have a shot of me like the above pic, my wife with her hair combed over her face and me holding my grandson up by his ankles. So you don't see any of our faces. My son and DIL want a copy to frame

Chris

Jeez Chris, looks like you got everything but the kitchen sink...or did it just not make it into the pics? That's a heap of some great looking food buddy!!

Robert
Thanks Robert, The only thing missing that I like was a carrot. I didn't have any. Pulsing half the veggies helps distribute the flavors throughout the loaf.

Looks Great Chris, that beer pole is getting a workout putting the oil can on it. Nice spread of food.
Appreciate it Cliff, I hadn't had a Foster in years. It's not as good as I remembered, but it wasn't skunk-pi$$ either.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: clifish
Awesome weekend cook! That’s a huge success. Would have loved to see that fatty sliced! Great work, amazing food!

Looks delicious Chris, and really like that oil can on the pole. Good eats.
Thanks Edge, A mans gotta stay lubed up.
Some good food and some good beer!

And you are real….you handsome son of a gun you. I bet you got some real nice teeth on you.

🪕
Appreciate it Justin, I got at least one or two teeth that do what they're told.

Chris

Yes sir Chris that's a winner combo right there......just like the DAWGS!
Lots of great food !

Keith
Thanks Keith, I wanted to use the whole field for this game, just like Stetson did on Saturday.
Awesome weekend cook! That’s a huge success. Would have loved to see that fatty sliced! Great work, amazing food!
Appreciate it Jed, the meatloaf turned out great. Just enough heat to keep you on your toes.

Chris

Reactions: 912smoker
The cape on the loaf was most excellent. I cut the weave in half for the loaf and smoked the other half for a breakfast sammie this morning.

Ha , I was just joking about showing face on the www. I would hate to have to paste your face on a picture of Arnold Swart's or Sly Stallion ...lol

Now the weave , I love that and think it looks really good on lots of foods , and the breakfast sammie sounds good also. I have a weave coming up soon, maybe after my pastrami

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky