Weekend cook with Qview and my favorite home made pork rub.

Discussion in 'Pork' started by goensouth, Apr 10, 2015.

1. goensouth

goensouth Smoke Blower

Due to weather and going to see my grand baby for Easter weekend it has been 3 very long weeks since I have gotten to fire up my 40 inch MES and trust me I have been anxiously awaiting this 3 day weekend for me to have some cold ones and smoke some meat. Today started with a trip to see the doc finally getting my BP under control then to get propane to fire up my AMNSPS. Now it's time to make some rub. I have been working and tweeting this rub for several years and now I think I have it perfected at least for my taste. Here is a few pics more to follow. Almost time to rub and rap for the night.[​IMG]

2. goensouth

goensouth Smoke Blower

Making the Rub.

3. goensouth

goensouth Smoke Blower

Love the spices.

4. goensouth

goensouth Smoke Blower

A little mix in the mini chopper. More pics to come.

5. b-one

b-one Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Now the pics are showing up! Looks like a nice mix of seasonings!

6. goensouth

goensouth Smoke Blower

Ok not sure why the pics double posted but oh well twice as much good stuff.

7. goensouth

goensouth Smoke Blower

b-one it's a 12 spice blend been working on a really long time. I'm finally happy with it a mix of sweet and spicy on the back end and makes a wonderful bark on BB and Ribs.

8. goensouth

goensouth Smoke Blower

St Louis style ribs one of the all thing pork on the menu for tomorrow. Membrane removel.

9. goensouth

goensouth Smoke Blower

Now for some rub.

10. goensouth

goensouth Smoke Blower

And let's not forget about the butts.

11. goensouth

goensouth Smoke Blower

ok tried several times to upload the pics of the butts but for some reason it would not happen. Well butts and Ribs rubbed rapped and to bed for the night ABT's and fatty to follow in the morning.

12. goensouth

goensouth Smoke Blower

FYI that home made rub every time spell check gets me and I try to edit a post I get a error message. Mabe because I'm on a phone and not a desk top not Sure any help would be grateful.

13. I'm in,  be watching

Gary

14. scooter-man

scooter-man Smoke Blower

A 12 year rub in the making, hum, let's see the how this turns out. 

15. sota d

sota d Smoking Fanatic

Looking good. You got me hooked, see you tomorrow!   [​IMG]   David.

16. goensouth

goensouth Smoke Blower

Scotter-man it's a 12 spice rub been tinkering with it for A few years adding this and that used it 3 weeks ago and it was wonderful trying it for a 2nd time tomorrow if it's turns out as good as last time I'll never change it up again.Wish me luck.

17. goensouth

goensouth Smoke Blower

Butts in MES 40
    and so far after 1 hour my new AMNPS is putting out some very nice TBS

18. All right,   Off and running

Gary

19. sota d

sota d Smoking Fanatic

Looking good! Gotta love that AMZNPS!

20. goensouth

goensouth Smoke Blower

I'm impressed.I have been getting nice TBS since 7am 8 hours now with zero issues.