Weber SmokeFire

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
SmokeFire compare to your other smokers?
I use a 26 " kettle for smoking whole muscle cuts , and an MES 30 for smoking sausage , hams and bacon or cured cuts . I also have a 14 " WSM that doesn't get much use .
My SmokeFire is the smaller EX4 . It makes some good food as do all the others .
All are fun to cook on . I find good clean smoke from the EX4 , and easy to use .
The kettle is probably my favorite , but the EX4 is right there for convenience .
Fact of the matter is they are all different , and that's why I have them . Gives me options .

can't decide between the EX6 or the Char Griller 980.
As usual , I Googled the 980 and in the top 5 hits was a thread from SMF .
Maybe you saw this already .

Here's a visual comparison .
Brisket from the 26 ,
20200830_190324.jpg

Brisket from the SmokeFire
20210905_174628.jpg

Reactions: bill1
Thanks for the pics Chopsaw. Yeah I read all the reviews for both the 980 and the Smokefire (gen 2) and they both have rave reviews. I guess my goal is to get as close to an offset smoker flavor profile while allowing me to chase my small children all day.

chopsaw chopsaw How does the SmokeFire compare to your other smokers? I am looking to upgrade and I can't decide between the EX6 or the Char Griller 980.
I had both the Masterbuilt 560 and 1050. They work very similar to the Chargriller 980 as they're gravity fed. I'd compare the gravity feds to a bruising football lineman and the Smokefire to a deft tight end. You actually have a fire going on in the gravity feds, where, after the initial burning of the pellets, you have more of a smoldering effect on the Smokefire.

Reactions: 2fatpugs
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky