• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Weber potholders

bobh127

Joined Feb 22, 2011
Several years ago I purchased a pair of heavy potholders made by or sold by Weber, These could be used either as a standard potholder, plus they also had a place you could insert your hand and use them like an oven mitt. I've been looking on the web for these as I need to replace mine. Can't find them at all. A description. They are about 7-8 inches square, thick cloth. color is black and red, with a res depiction of the weber kettle on both sides. Anyone know where I could get a new pair?

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
An obvious spot would be to check the Weber web site. I assume you must have already looked there right?

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
If your talking about a pot holder that is double thickness & has a slit down the middle so your fingers go in one end & your thumb goes in the other, but they are the size of a regular pot holder. My wife makes them. Is this what you are looking for?

bobh127

Joined Feb 22, 2011
Yeah Ross, I looked there, and on EBAY, all to no avail. I was hoping someone might know of an after market source. These potholders a  really handy, and heavy duty as well. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks.  BTW, do you still live in West Fargo. I think I remarked to you once that I used to live there on 8th Ave west, but that was a LONG time ago. Bought the house in the fall of 1975 and sold it in May 1978.

Last edited:

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 18, 2007
Yep I still live in WFGO. Getting ready for another flood coming up.  Did you take a look at Al's picture on this thread? Is that the kind you are looking for?

Last edited:

bobh127

Joined Feb 22, 2011
Al,

These are different than the Weber potholders, but they look like a really good design. If they are thick enough to take pots/skillets out of an oven, or items off my Kooker running at say 400 degrees, then I might well be interested. I am new to the forum, so am not real sure about doing business here, but you can pm me with prices. Thanks.

Last edited:

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Al,

These are different than the Weber potholders, but they look like a really good design. If they are thick enough to take pots/skillets out of an oven, or items off my Kooker running at say 400 degrees, then I might well be interested. I am new to the forum, so am not real sure about doing business here, but you can pm me with prices. Thanks.

Bob,

They will handle pots & pans right out of the oven, they are great for grabbing a dish out of the microwave, and they will work for something really hot. She has never sold any of them, she just makes them for us & gives them away for presents.

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Bob,

They will handle pots & pans right out of the oven, they are great for grabbing a dish out of the microwave, and they will work for something really hot. She has never sold any of them, she just makes them for us & gives them away for presents.
Al,

You forgot to mention they Double as hand-puppets for Grandpa Al to entertain the kids with!

Judy does nice work---Those would look nice in any kitchen!

Bear

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Bear my grandson is 22, if I get out the hand puppets he'd know Grampa's been in the Johnny Walker.

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Bear my grandson is 22, if I get out the hand puppets he'd know Grampa's been in the Johnny Walker.

LOL---I meant to say Great-Grandson.    

BTW: I changed my Avatar just for you. You heard of Near-Beer???

How 'bout Near-Bear???

Bear

Last edited:

dennycieslinski

Fire Starter
Joined Jan 30, 2011
Johnny Walker has been known to make grown men do some strange things! LOL   hand puppets.  hahahahaha!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.