Weber or Napolean

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin DeShazo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 7, 2018
Looking to replace my old gas grill that

the bottom has already burned out after less than 7 yrs of owning it.

Im looking at either a Weber Spirit or Nepolean Rogue. Both are 3 burner and seem to be of equal quality.

Obviously Weber has a great reputation but kinda like the looks and a cpl of the features of the Rogue

Anyone have amy thoughts on the two, more the Rogue than the Spirit.

I too have been looking at Napolean and Weber. I would take the Rogue over the Spirit, nicer features. Now the Rogue 425 XT vs. The Weber Genesis II 335, both in the $1K range, is a tough choice. Weber has a 10 year Warranty vs Rogues 15 years. Weber has a Stainless Steel cooking Grate vs Porcelain coated Cast Iron. But that Rougue IR Sear burner is pretty sweet vs Weber's small extra burner for searing temps.
I'm not sure you could go wrong with either, but I'm leaning toward the Napolean Rogue in all Stainless...JJ

I struggled between a Weber and Napoleon last year. I ended up getting a discontinued Triumph and have no regrets. Their newer models look to be even better.

I'm very happy with the Napoleon.

I really like the look of the napoleon phantom series. It has stainless steel grates as well

They are nice. I just wonder what the Black Finish is made of and how durable it will be...JJ

So ended up picking up a Napoleon RXT425 this morning. 3 burner plus side burner, built in smoke box. Ended up payijg about $130 less than the original price. They had it on display for $100 less than actual cost plus the additional 5% off for using my Lowes card.

Already did the burn in, so now just figure out what to make on it tonite.
20210918_112423.jpg

Reactions: Colin1230
Nice grill! What do you think of the finish? Looks nice but do you think it will hold up?...JJ

Its an enamel finish, same as Webers but its a flat black, which I really like, vs the gloss black of a Weber. And well, if it fails within 15 yrs, its covered by warranty

So far, so good, much better than my old pos grill. Give it a run with a pork tenderloin tonite.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
I dig those racing stripes on that loin Kevin, they're groovey - nice cook.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: Kevin DeShazo
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky