Weber Kettle Help

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
So I have been starting thr vortex from the bottom instead of on top, not sure if its been above 30 degrees outside but the vortex has been exceeding 600+ and working great.

gmc2003 gmc2003 chris I am going to try your chicken finger recipe this week. Not sure I want to do buttermilk since we are both trying to lose weight, may have to come up with something else.

Geebs Geebs You can use anything you want. I was trying buttermilk for a change. I've used anything from a basic brine to pickle juice. If some of your coating isn't browning/cooking properly don't be afraid to give it a quick shot of Pam or some similar spray.

Chris

Reactions: Geebs
Glad to see that you got the situation under control. When I use the Vortex in my 26er, I light a small Weber Chimney, when it's going I dump it into the Vortex and then dump another small chimney on top of that. In fifteen minutes I put my wings on and my grate temp is easily sitting at 450º. Those two smaller loads are more than enough to cook 40+ wings.

BD

put a blower fan on the lower vent and voila! in 20 min it'll shoot over the dome gauge.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky