Weber Kettle Grills

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

megownm

Original poster
Jan 7, 2020
Never used a weber kettle and thinking about one so I don't have to fire up my Chargrill on my Lang every time I want to do a few burgers or dogs. Looking for PORS/CONS of the 22 vs 26" Kettle. Can you get all the accessories for the 26"? I know there are a lot of different ones for the 22".

Thoughts?

Cheers!

Reactions: JLeonard
I've got a Weber 22. Hard to beat it for burgers, sausages and steaks. Don't really know much else other than you can cook a pretty fair amount of food for the amount of charcoal you burn.

The only con I can think of for a 26” is that it is more expensive. I love my 22” kettle. I have one of the copper colored ones. I’m cooking two fatties on it right now. There is nothing that compares to cooking with charcoal. I highly recommend a kettle and if you are fine with the higher cost of a 26” model then go for it. I bet you won’t be disappointed.
G

I have 2 - 22.5 inch Webers and a small Smokey Joe . Bought my first one 41 years ago and I like it way better than my gas grill. Only downside is the price of charcoal but when I find it on sale I stock up.

I have a 22" performer, use it all the time. My Weber spirit is covered and collecting dust

I highly recommend getting a 22” . Depending on how many you plan on cooking for a Smokey joe may be your best choice. I think I’m going to get another Smokey joe and I have a 22” kettle.

If you get a Weber kettle you will not be disappointed. It doesn't matter which model, they are all very good. Get the best one you can afford because it will be used a lot. You may even end up selling the Char grill.

i have a 22" kettle that was a "kicked to the curb" meaning I got it free. Well subjective free as I had to get new coal grate and cooking grate. I use it all the time as much of my cooking is grilling and we like the flavor of charcoal.

I had a cheapo Brinkmann offset with a charcoal rack in the main chamber.
After I picked up the kettle and a pellet grill, the cheapo went to the the curb.

If I had to only have 1 unit, it would be a 26" kettle.

I use my 22 once or twice a week; it’s a great cooker. There are more accessories for the 22 vs the 26. The only cons for the 26 would be less accessories, a little more charcoal usage and I’ve heard the legs are a bit spindly. That said, if I hadn’t just recently made a custom table for my 22 I would own a 26 right now (I’ll still be getting one just not sure when).

Now, if you like to cook your sides with your main protein on the grill, the 22 fills up real quick. That right there is my biggest complaint. I usually have to fire up a second grill or move things to the indoor oven on warm setting.

Lastly, how often do you see a used 26 for sale? Granted they don’t sell as many as the 18s or 22s but I think that says something. People don’t let them go..

I've had a small smokey Joe for years now. My first one rotted out a couple years ago. So I bought the "premium" one. Great little grill for tossing a few burgers or a couple steaks on.
A week or so ago. I purchased this bad boy.

grill.jpg

22" Performer deluxe in green. Haven't used it yet. The weather has not been kind. But I'm very impressed with the quality of it. So far I've bought a rotisserie and sear grate for it. They're caught in a snowbank somewhere between NY and CA at the moment. I looked at the 26" models. But couldn't see the advantage of spending more. And as others have said. There isn't as much aftermarket goodies for it.

Reactions: yankee2bbq
I"ve had an 18 & 22 for years the 22" was old so I checked on the 26" no one has them in stock, so I bought a new 22". I have a Vortex that goes in either kettle, a Rotisserie for the 18 that has been modified to hold an Inkbird Probe. The 18 has an offset to keep the coal on one side.
Richie

So on a 22" what is the max y'all can get on it? How about anyone with the
26"---same question? I'm not looking to smoke anything on it I have the 36H & 48D Langs for that.

I cook for two people and my Smokey Joe gets a workout, it IS the king of burgers and steaks!

Reactions: Cattoon
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky