We don't need a smoker anymore.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Why aren't us veterans outraged? Well we KNOW what good ‘que is and we have mastered the skills to produce quality meals for our family and friends. And we can all recognize a "gimmick" when we see one and this "smoking gun" is just a gimmick. I don’t think that it would work very well for cold smoking; for that I’ll go with the smoke pistol that some of the members use.

Just my $.02.

This would be a great solution for those of us that have to go to work every day and don't have time to get the great smoky scent all over our-self before work. 2 minutes and you have your choice or tasty smoke cologne in different scents. Apple, Hickory, Mesquite or Cherry.. Get yours today!!

I think people assume that if you can see the smoke you can spray it on, or you can just somehow attract the smoke to the food your cooking.
I like how he "smoked" the chicken after it was complete. Uhhh the smoke gives it's flavor in the first part of cooking...right???

That guys an idiot. But he'll probably make a couple of bucks off the thing. Can't imagine what the house smells like after a couple of rounds using this worthless POS

gotta agree with dutch here, there is always something out there which is a gimmic to try and make money, before this it was the smoke bags... anyone really interested in smoking meats by now has taken to the puter and probly is already lurking or part of a forum somewhere and has access to good info. and once you taste real q... well you will easilly identify the gimmics and just walk on by and chuckle.

Did any of you check out its price? $79.99

Or the fact it runs on 4AA batteries
smokinggunkit.jpg

http://www.cuisinetechnology.com/thesmokinggun.html

PolyScience is making a killing off these!
...not to mention their the 4oz containers of sawdust for $19.99 each
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

hmmmm....I think I could buy one of these $1.98 Mini Keyboard Vacuums,
yhst-82517758409843_2069_52061938

http://www.computercity.com/handytre...um-silver.html
make a quick switch to blow instead of suck,
add a little metal burning chamber and some tubing
...and maybe with the 4 AA batteries to run, I might be up to $10
PDT_Armataz_01_25.gif

I actually like playing around with Sous Vide cooking and other molecular gastronomy techniques, but I'm a cheap skate.
My immersion thermal circulator wasn't $1000 from PolyScience, it was $5 from the university surplus store
...heck, I've even picked up a couple spares...came in handy when the water heater went on strike

Of course now you probably realize why I have a lab oven smoker-lol
icon_wink.gif

Looks like something i made w/ an aquarium pump. But it wern't for smoking meat.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky