Water inside fridge

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You need a heat probe to put in the drain hole, it wraps around the heater, samsung makes a good 1 cheap. flush with hot water before installing it

Reactions: zwiller
Cleaned up good but not expecting it to be long term but hope.

You need a heat probe to put in the drain hole, it wraps around the heater, samsung makes a good 1 cheap. flush with hot water before installing it
No rush but a link or part # please, THANKS.

Door seals all good. It was a dumb a$$ move on my part for loading the freezer so full the door might pop open if I threw another thing in there. Honestly, I think that was it and one day I didn't get it fully shut. I will keep an eye on it. Fortunately, this is a spare for homebrew now sausage/cheese. So happy I pulled the trigger on some UMAI. Should be ready in another week or so. Actually made me catch the issue.

THANKS TO ALL!!!

20211117_194414_resized_1.jpg

Reactions: clifish and TNJAKE
I've had the cracked open door failure a few times on both auto defrost and manual defrost units.
Also had the sweaty frozen things added to the freezer overwhelm the defrost capacity.
Then, the time the defrost cycle timer puked on a bottom freezer Amana unit. It took a lot of ear scratching to pinpoint.
After replacing the timer, I still had a freeze up. Discovered the first freeze up deflected the air channel fins around the evaporator. A few pop rivets to hold the fins in place and never a repeat problem.

I've used bare #14 wire. About 6" wrapped around the defrost heater and 6" down the drain hole.

The thick wire will transmit too much heat and can melt the drain tube, this will work well on any fridge

I thought that part was gonna need to be wired up or something. $6? No brainer. Shocked to find all that there. No clue. There is a tray that mounts above it that hid it and was clean as can be. Wild. I used some scrap 12 wire and hot water to poke through the drain. Took several attempts before it opened up. Was a little worried I'd have to shut it off but happy I didn't. Will report back.

Mike helped me with my Samsung " issues " . I've had the ice maker out of it 4 times to thaw and it needs it again , but it's way better than it was before He helped me . I put off getting that part he linked , because I'm waiting to get a new fridge before tearing it apart .
I'll be taking the deli tray out today to get the 2 " of ice out from under it . That clip is supposed to fix that .

Last edited:
Days without incident: 1 :emoji_laughing:
I hear ya! my old refer would refreeze in about 2 months then the water would flow out the door. Ice makes was always on the fritz too. if you freezer door was opened mid ice dump it would freeze up. I dont miss that thing at all!

my old refer would refreeze in about 2 months then the water would flow out the door. Ice makes was always on the fritz too.
Let me guess ,,, Samsung ?
I just got done getting the ice out from under the deli tray .
The part showed up while I was doing that , so If I can find a fridge I'm not afraid to buy this one will go downstairs . That way I can shut it down long enough to thaw everything and do some more fixing .
This should fix this problem .
20211210_152114.jpg
All this came out from under the deli drawer .
Solid ice , about an inch thick .
20211210_151952.jpg

All this came out from under the deli drawer .
Solid ice , about an inch thick .
yup, I used to have to use a turkey baster filled with hot water to get the sheet of ice out of the bottom...It was a Sub Zero that came with the house...but it was about 25 years old and had many issues. its gone now but I still have ice maker anxiety...faring it will just randomly stop making ice like the old one we used for almost 15 years.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky