Wasn't sure where to put this.... 2 Heroes down hard to believe it's been a year.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.
Hey All,

Just reflecting a bit... Not been an especially good day emotions are raw still. Been lurking today thinking about all the Men and Women in Public Safety. People with Mothers and Fathers, Sisters and Brothers, Wives and husbands, Children and Grandchildren... Hopes, Dreams, Aspirations for a better Community.. As we watch the Country literally burn, I just have to hope it's all worth it. I pray we can come to our senses and stop vilifying our protectors. Lots of Members have served their Country in one form or another here. All striving for a better life for their children and family.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God. “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
adam and R.jpg

Hang in there. It is rough, but it is a service that matters and is critical to our society. Unfortunately, I believe that our domestic watch standers are more appreciated than what the news reflects. Good news doesn't sell advertising or motivate "clicks"
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God."

True always the silent majority.

We've taken a good beating here the last 7 years. We've lost like 7 locals and 9 Chippers. This doesn't even factor in the other Cities in California only Sacramento PD and SSD, 1 in Davis (Natalie Corona) and the CHP. I personally knew 2 of em and they were Men the Country could be proud of. Both of em were just typical low risk vehicle stops that went sideways. Danny was also the first Officer I had known personally that went down in a couple decades. Sadly Adam and Riley went down last year.
danny oliver.jpg

Rest in Peace. Thank you for your service and sacrifice. You are not forgotten.

Truly is sad. And makes me mad. I couldn’t read the second obit noboundaries noboundaries posted. Too much for me. I have spent time in the Criminal Justice System for many years, and have friends that are still active in the field.
And BLM want to defund the police.
How much more stress can an officer take?

Understandable, it's tough Danny and his partner were doing a simple welfare check on a suspicious vehicle in a parking lot by one of the malls here. Danny took one in the face as soon as he reached the driver side door. The pair were dirtbags who went on to take the life of a detective Michal Davis jr. in Auburn also. He had both short and long arms. So much from gun laws being effective for felons. This is Danny's family..
danny oiliver family.jpg

Last edited:
God bless the peacekeepers. It must be a calling, like teaching or preaching, cause there's little glory in it.

I have several friends who say they would never get in it, if they were to be just starting out, these days.

• Sad
Reactions: negolien
  • Love
Reactions: negolien
We recently lost a Seattle K-9 to a nut with a machete. Almost lost his handler, too.
There is a link on that page to a graphic police body-cam of the incident. It's not for the faint-hearted, nor anyone who loves dogs.

Yup, Super big fan of all the K9's. As a side note guy that was drunk at 6am driving his Car on wrong side of the freeway was on probation for a previous dui and finished not a single bit of the court ordered consequences for that last arrest.

vetrans can be dogs too.jpg

Sac. is a giant inflamed crap hole... I don't know how anybody would choose to live there.
Sorry for your loss. R.I.P. and Godspeed to the brave warriors that gave it all to protect their community.
Four of my friends are LEO, and every single one of them are considering new carriers, and I can't blame them for a second. It takes a special type of person to do police work these days, I know for a fact that I couldn't do it. Way too many dirtbags in that area, top that off with an admin. that demonizes their officer's and doesn't back or support them.... No F'n way!!!

Hang in there and Goodspeed too, your fallen Brother's, Sister's and their K9 partners.
Dan.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky