Washers!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
They are expensive now. When I bought our set (10+) they were the middle of the road price. Without all the bells and whistles.
If either crapped out today and parts and labor were over half. Id go buy the same thang no matter the cost though.
Go to any laundromat and see what their running. Matter of fact Id really like to have a new XL set that you had to feed quarters. That would be a real set of front loaders there. Bet they'd pay for their self and a good chunk of power bill at the end of their life. LoL

Jim, I have nothing negative to say about Speed Queen, except the cost is higher than most brands. I don't know what the OP's budget is.

Rob

Wow. Those prices! Wow!

We've had our Kenmore (Whirlpool) top loading washer and front loading dryer for three decades. Had to have a dryer belt replaced last year. Appliance guy said never sell or give away either. He said all front loading washers were junk but they bring him a lot of business.

Reactions: Rafter H BBQ
My appliance guy ( know him and trust ) talked me into the top load Maytag with 6 yr warranty. Was initially going Samsung as they were on sale at the time Only bad is the soap residue it would leave on clothes with pods or powder. Was not pleased with that but no issue at all with the liquid

I've done the same thing with bleach .
Went and did some reading on the LG front load . I see it's an issue .
Yep, I have also run vinegar through the machine. I have pulled the dispensers out and thoroughly cleaned them. It works for a short time, and maybe I am wrong, but I don't think anyone should have to go through all the steps I have to try to avoid that nasty smell.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Maytag is not what they once were, typical company run by venture capitalists. We had a LG front load that I literally kicked to the curb, got sick of the smells and blowing a position sensor that I replaced myself over 5 times.

Bought a basic Whirlpool top load with nothing but dials...no electronic buttons or programs and have not looked back.

We haven't turned our dryer on in 3 months now. Wife puts everything on the clothes line. Beats $1,299 :emoji_laughing:
Both washer and dryer work...washer has that wonderful odor coming from it and seal leaks on occasion, seal is $ 150...not gonna do that. Dryer is fine but it's the whole thing of buying a "set" lol. We use clothes line quite a bit but not during mulberry season!

Ryan

Both washer and dryer work...washer has that wonderful odor coming from it and seal leaks on occasion, seal is $ 150...not gonna do that. Dryer is fine but it's the whole thing of buying a "set" lol. We use clothes line quite a bit but not during mulberry season!

Ryan
Purple bird poop?

Reactions: Brokenhandle
We bought a Maytag about a year ago. Hate it. It seems they all have some water saving BS so the water level doesn't even cover the clothes. Leaves residue on clothes. We have an old 20 year old washer at another house we own and it works great. If you have an old washer I would just try to repair rather than buy new. They just make junk these days. Just my 2 cents.

Great read here!

I bought a set of Kenmore 80 series washer and dries from the sears scratch and dent store 25 years ago. Made several repairs but they are dying for sure.

Ordered a set of LG front loaders from Costco. From what I read and looked up they are the number one recommented/highest rated ones I could find for under 2K. they were about $1400 for the pair delivered, installed and the old ones removed.

In my research - some just have too many options that will never be used. So I passed and got the more “basic” versions. I am sure they wont last 25 years.

Great read here!

I bought a set of Kenmore 80 series washer and dries from the sears scratch and dent store 25 years ago. Made several repairs but they are dying for sure.

Ordered a set of LG front loaders from Costco. From what I read and looked up they are the number one recommented/highest rated ones I could find for under 2K. they were about $1400 for the pair delivered, installed and the old ones removed.

In my research - some just have too many options that will never be used. So I passed and got the more “basic” versions. I am sure they wont last 25 years.
I hope yours don't have the rotten egg smell like every other LG.

Went and looked at another store today...commercial grade units, top load washer with agitator, 5 year warranty. $1099 for each washer and dryer, said would sell to us for $999 each. Think we'll go with them. Lady said it's an issue with government regulations on cheaper models...too low of water levels.

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky