Wanting to stuff a pork loin...Any advise?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thepruitt21

Original poster
Oct 15, 2010
Li' Town in Western Oklahoma
Here is my intention....Tell me if I am about to make a mistake please....

Take a typical pork loin and butterfly it like you would a pork chop from one end to the other. Slice raw jalapanos, de-seed them, and and make a row inside the loin. Then come in with some cheddar cheese, but not to much, this is my first time using cheese while smoking so I am a little nervous. Close it up, sprinkle rub, then wrap it in a bacon weave. Cook until done.

Is that pretty much it? Any suggestions so I don't screw it up? Anyone done this before?

If you look near the top of the page you will find a white box like area that says "Search Products, Forums, Wikis and more!!  " if you enter "stuffed pork loin" into that area and click on search you will get lots of results to get ideas from.

I haven't butterflied them because they are so small already but I do take a couple of loin strips and bundle them up as one larger piece to give it some mass so I can slow cook it.

Season, rub or stuff the strips then bundle them together using a blanket made by basket weaving strips of bacon. The bacon adds to moisture and flavor. As it cooks the bacon shrinks holding the strips of loin together. Use toothpicks to secure the bacon until it can cook some. Smoke to the temp of your choice and eat. Let it sit a spell before slicing to serve. Really good to eat and the pork on pork thing is great.

I have done this using strips of both pork and beef tenderloin. It's a little expensive because of the beef but it's really really good and is a special treat. Two strips of pork tenderloin alternated with two strips of beef tenderloin, boy girl boy girl fashion. They'll be screamin' for more.  

Looked at a couple of those post, If you take the loin and half it  long ways and then lay one half in front of you on a cutting board where you are looking at it long ways (not the end).

using a sharp knife starting about 1" from the cutting board make a slice down the loin. as you slice unroll the loin. keep repeating till you have a flat sheet of pork. Place whatever you want to use for stuffing on the flat loin and then roll it back up and tie w/ butchers twine ( cotton string).

End result is it should look like a jelly roll. Then you can wrap w/ bacon if you so desire and smoke to internal of 160.

I do mine like eman is talking about, open it up and roll it out. I love to stuff mine with apples, but jalapeno's and cheese sounds good too!

I open up as above.   Definitley use the bacon on the outside.  You can stuff with whatever you can think of, but I usually use some sort of vegetable with moisture since it is easy to get a dry loin.  I also tend to rub down the inside of the loin roll with olive oil before the fix'ins.  I don't know if this helps or not but it makes me feel better.  Good luck.

icon_cool.gif

Here's a short tutorial on a pork loin that I did a while back. http://s598.photobucket.com/albums/tt66/mballi3011/pork loin/

Now they are very good and really tastey too. I would recommand using some apple wood it goes really good with pork. So you do just as Bob said and I showed you and you will soon be the KING of the LOINs........YAaa Raaa Yeppie

I do mine like eman is talking about, open it up and roll it out. I love to stuff mine with apples, but jalapeno's and cheese sounds good too!

Try smearing a nice layer of apple butter on the loin and then add some peeled sliced granny smith apples. Dust w/ a lil dark brown sugar or drizzle some molasses on the apples then roll and tie.

Try smearing a nice layer of apple butter on the loin and then add some peeled sliced granny smith apples. Dust w/ a lil dark brown sugar or drizzle some molasses on the apples then roll and tie.
That sounds awesome Eman! 

Here is one I did awhile back..  tasted great.  I did end up slicing and topping with a slice of pepperjack on the next one I did.  Put it under the broiler for 30 seconds then served.  It was awesome!

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/forum/thread/94071/pin-wheel-pork-tenderloin

Pork is on. I butterflied it, which actually lead to kinda "scoring" the meat to get it to lay somewhat flat. I didn't go overboard with the japs or the cheese since this is my first rodeo with this idea. I only had a pound of bacon, and I did 2 loins, so there isnt very much bacon, but thats OK. I will tkae pics when it comes off and be back tomorrow probably to tell how it was.

I didn't catch this earlier...wish I had.

I didn't see any mention of it in previous replies, but the stuffed loin should not to be treated as an intact whole-muscle meat. The 4-hr/135* (or whatever the temp is now) needs to be adhered to for safety.

Hope all's well!

Eric

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky