WANTED: Replacement rack for Smokin' It Model 1

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 23, 2011
Everett, WA
Probably the same size as a Smokin' Tex 1100. 13" x 12-1/4".
Smokin' It wants $30 for a single rack. I'm hoping I can do better.

1593294393642.png

Probably the same size as a Smokin' Tex 1100. 13" x 12-1/4".
Smokin' It wants $30 for a single rack. I'm hoping I can do better.

View attachment 451302
Another option is to go on Ebay and punch in Expanded Steel Grating. You will find a plethora of sellers willing to cut whatever size you need and send you a piece of 304 stainless steel grating. With it being roughly 12x12 a piece of #13 3/4" or 1/2" (whatever size holes you prefer) will be more then sufficient. Then you can brag to your friends about the upgrade !
A piece that small won't run you much more then $20 and it will long outlast the rest of your rig.

Check out All Parts Grill and BBQ Guys . Punch in the dimensions of the grate you need and I'm sure something will come up for less than $30
No luck with All Parts, and BBQ Guys was $39. Odd size seems to eliminate most expanded steel, and I don't have the tools to cut down something that thick myself. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

I meant you should not have to cut the expanded steel yourself, if you message one of the folks selling it on Ebay, many of them are more then happy to cut it whatever size you need and invoice you accordingly per sq inch or whatever..
You know what I mean ? Usually it is at least $10-$15 cheaper then ordering a factory replacement grill.. they are usually expensive.

I went through same search for a Smokin-It grill and decided the price they want for an all stainless steel grill for $30 that also includes free shipping was worth it.

I went through same search for a Smokin-It grill and decided the price they want for an all stainless steel grill for $30 that also includes free shipping was worth it.
Same here, I looked everywhere. $30 was a bargain to cure the head aches.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky