• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

WANTED: Replacement rack for Smokin' It Model 1

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 23, 2011
Probably the same size as a Smokin' Tex 1100. 13" x 12-1/4".
Smokin' It wants $30 for a single rack. I'm hoping I can do better.

1593294393642.png

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 4, 2009
Check out All Parts Grill and BBQ Guys . Punch in the dimensions of the grate you need and I'm sure something will come up for less than $30

Magic Meat

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 25, 2020

View attachment 451302
Another option is to go on Ebay and punch in Expanded Steel Grating. You will find a plethora of sellers willing to cut whatever size you need and send you a piece of 304 stainless steel grating. With it being roughly 12x12 a piece of #13 3/4" or 1/2" (whatever size holes you prefer) will be more then sufficient. Then you can brag to your friends about the upgrade !
A piece that small won't run you much more then $20 and it will long outlast the rest of your rig.

Magic Meat

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 25, 2020

View attachment 451302
Come to think of it #13 may be a bit thin for your needs, #10 would be probably be better. #10 is around 1/8" thick... been awhile since I ordered a piece and the thicknesses vs # slipped my mind.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 23, 2011
Check out All Parts Grill and BBQ Guys . Punch in the dimensions of the grate you need and I'm sure something will come up for less than $30
No luck with All Parts, and BBQ Guys was $39. Odd size seems to eliminate most expanded steel, and I don't have the tools to cut down something that thick myself. Thanks for the suggestions, though.

Magic Meat

Fire Starter
Joined Jun 25, 2020
I meant you should not have to cut the expanded steel yourself, if you message one of the folks selling it on Ebay, many of them are more then happy to cut it whatever size you need and invoice you accordingly per sq inch or whatever..
You know what I mean ? Usually it is at least $10-$15 cheaper then ordering a factory replacement grill.. they are usually expensive.

Lonzinomaker

Meat Mopper
Joined Mar 8, 2018
I went through same search for a Smokin-It grill and decided the price they want for an all stainless steel grill for $30 that also includes free shipping was worth it.

Norwester55

Meat Mopper
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 1, 2018
I went through same search for a Smokin-It grill and decided the price they want for an all stainless steel grill for $30 that also includes free shipping was worth it.
Same here, I looked everywhere. $30 was a bargain to cure the head aches.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.