want to build a deluxe unit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pignout013

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 26, 2011
Littlerock,Wa
I have 3  2x2x6' SS refers that I want to make into smokers. I have been BBQ'n for years in a home made tow behind but getting older and expanding my horizons. These will be used from baconand cheese, to salmon and tuna, to ribs and butts. I have never smoked with anything other then an external smoke/heat source. I do not know if it is possible to cold smoke with smoke/ heat source inside the unit or if temp control becomes an issue.

I want a top of the line unit and willing to spend a few bucks to do it. Wish list is External smoke source with fan, electric heating no more then 5 degree variance unit inside w/ thermostate and convection for even heat. I burn sawn wood not sawdust. I want units that I do not have to babysit un like my BBQ. Look like there are some very wise people out there so give me some ideas. Normaly try to spend as little as possible but thought a person could spend some money and build a super good unit for a quarter of what they get 4 new ones.Thanx

I have 3  2x2x6' SS refers that I want to make into smokers. I have been BBQ'n for years in a home made tow behind but getting older and expanding my horizons. These will be used from baconand cheese, to salmon and tuna, to ribs and butts. I have never smoked with anything other then an external smoke/heat source. I do not know if it is possible to cold smoke with smoke/ heat source inside the unit or if temp control becomes an issue.

I want a top of the line unit and willing to spend a few bucks to do it. Wish list is External smoke source with fan, electric heating no more then 5 degree variance unit inside w/ thermostate and convection for even heat. I burn sawn wood not sawdust. I want units that I do not have to babysit un like my BBQ. Look like there are some very wise people out there so give me some ideas. Normaly try to spend as little as possible but thought a person could spend some money and build a super good unit for a quarter of what they get 4 new ones.Thanx
Try an A-Maze-N smoker for the cold smoking truely an incredible smoke generator

SOB

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky