Walmart steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
I don't typically get my steaks from Walmart. Every once in awhile I'll find a decent deal on some chuck roasts or things of that nature. Good steaks are few and far between there most of the time. Today I stopped in to get a few groceries on my way home from work. When I walked past the beef section these ribeyes caught my eye and I couldn't pass them up. These have got to be some of the best steaks I've seen in a regular supermarket......not typically what I see at my local walmart....
I think I'll be having steak this week!!

1129211550a~2.jpg

They look good! Can I claim the one in the middle? I hardly ever go to Walmart... since I somehow live 45 miles away from 4 of them, all in different directions.

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: negolien
They look good! Can I claim the one in the middle? I hardly ever go to Walmart... since I somehow live 45 miles away from 4 of them, all in different directions.

Ryan
Ryan, I suppose since your so far away from a Wal-Mart I'll llet you have the one in the middle!! 😂

Those look great Travis! Great score, and from Wal Mart? Wow. Since there's 3 of them, you can use 2 as buns for a real nice sandwich.

Reactions: Sowsage and chopsaw
Nice marbling ! Some of the best grocery store steaks I've seen in a long time.

I’m going to WM this morning. Don’t usually buy beef there, other than a packer brisket. But I sure will look at the meat today. Hope they have a steak looking like yours!
Al

Those are some nice steaks Travis, especially from Walmart. The ones I see are so thin you could see through them.

Walmart is usually a giant hassle for me to go to and generally not worth the trip, but when I do, I always scout out the meat section.

One problem with Walmart meat departments is there are no meat cutters, just meat stockers, so you have to take what they have. To find a pack of really nice looking ribeyes that weigh 1 lb. each at Walmart is almost like finding a needle in a haystack...

I’m going to WM this morning. Don’t usually buy beef there, other than a packer brisket. But I sure will look at the meat today. Hope they have a steak looking like yours!
Al
Me too Al and hopefully we'll find some that nice.
Man those look great !

Man thats some good looking steaks especially coming from Wally! Let us know how they cook up.
Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky