Walmart steaks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
1 pound steaks are not worth it imho. Guess i am a steak snob lol. Especially at 20-24 bucks a lb here for me. When I do steaks i usually go king cuts or I get some aged from the cattleman's or texas Road house near me.

Looks great though bud let us know how the cooks turn out and we want pics :<)

Nice score Travis. Maybe a giant steak sandwich is in your future?
oh the possibilities for sandwiches!!!
Man those look good!
best ones ive seen at walmart !
Those look great Travis! Great score, and from Wal Mart? Wow. Since there's 3 of them, you can use 2 as buns for a real nice sandwich.
...i like where your heads at on this one!!
Those look pretty good . I'm long overdue for a good ribeye steak .
just cant beat a good ribeye... Ive been waiting around for some good deals on rib roasts to cut my own but no good luck yet.
Holy Shoot, Travis!!!
Those look Awesome!! Outstanding Marbling!!

Bear
Bear, I agree. Great marbling on these!!
Nice marbling ! Some of the best grocery store steaks I've seen in a long time.
yep. Most the ones I see in a supermarket dont have marbling at all!!
I’m going to WM this morning. Don’t usually buy beef there, other than a packer brisket. But I sure will look at the meat today. Hope they have a steak looking like yours!
Al
I hope You find something Al! Im going to make sure I at least do a walk through from now on. Not the usual steaks I see there
Those are some nice steaks Travis, especially from Walmart. The ones I see are so thin you could see through them.

Walmart is usually a giant hassle for me to go to and generally not worth the trip, but when I do, I always scout out the meat section.
yes. Most of the time they have thin cut ones.. And usualy have bone in "cowboy cut" but they never look that great.
One problem with Walmart meat departments is there are no meat cutters, just meat stockers, so you have to take what they have. To find a pack of really nice looking ribeyes that weigh 1 lb. each at Walmart is almost like finding a needle in a haystack...
well.... This needle poked me right in the eye as I was walking by.... Funny part is I was not planing on even walking past that section. But the people stoking had an isle blocked so thats the way I went to get around! Weird how things work out.
Man thats some good looking steaks especially coming from Wally! Let us know how they cook up.
Jim
I'll keep you posted!
1 pound steaks are not worth it imho. Guess i am a steak snob lol. Especially at 20-24 bucks a lb here for me. When I do steaks i usually go king cuts or I get some aged from the cattleman's or texas Road house near me.

Looks great though bud let us know how the cooks turn out and we want pics :<)
. I too usually turn my nose up at most steaks in a supermarket... But these looked fantastic so I grabbed them. I try and get them from my small town butcher. Local raised stuff and they actually know their cuts correctly.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky