Walmart adventures! Sous-vide score

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinq13

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 21, 2017
south central Pennsylvania
So i had time between class and needed some objects from walmart so i went and while i was there i scored this for 13 dollars! Always take the extra time to look at the clearance aisles, i also found a bissell bolt vacuum for 21 bucks, ebay flip for 70-80 bucks!
20181108_141352.jpg

I can't really find anything on it, or whether its good or not but i figured for 13 bucks, what's it gonna hurt! Anyone seen or have one of these sous-vide "as seen on tv" ones? Also young turkeys on sale 0.68 per lb!

Reactions: DrewJ
Wondering if this is "in store" only sale? Just checked the Walmart website and looks like the price is $48 for the same device....
Correct! what it is if you even look at the "clearance" sticker, it has $49.00... which simply isn't the case. One of Walmart's reasons for such success is their quick turnover rate. Products fly in and out of the stores so quickly. Individual stores get to decide how much to clearance products and when too. This is how I got it for $13 bucks but I had to price check it with one of those price scanners on the walls to found out the true price. I found a lot of good deals this way but it just takes a little extra time, checking and scanning

smokinq13, thank you for the explanation. Will visit my local Walmart tonight - keep my hope with me! :-)
I have Anova device and use it for about one and a half year already. Pretty happy with it but having a spare one for $13... just sweet.

I got 2 a few weeks ago for the same price
Got one for me and one for my sons they both work great

I have one. Have a chuck roast in it now. Not bad for 13.00. I got the same one.

If you load the WalMart app on your phone, you can scan the prices right there on the spot.

My buddy got a $400 Oklahoma Joe offset smoker there on closeout for $112!

I'd buy it without blinking at $13.

Doing the math: 100 miles drive, $3.50 bridge toll...is it worth it? I can also do a fill up at 3/4 of the price.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky