Wagyu NY cut, just had to try it! Surf & Turf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

radioguy

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Sorry this is not photo intensive, I hadn't intended to make a post but the flavor and taste experience were so so good I just had to post about our experience.

First of all, aside from being my best girl, RadioGal is the Queen of the coupons, finder of the best deals. She had heard me say I would like to try some of this Wagyu Japanese beef.
She found this $100 per pound NY strip for $30 off. ($70/lb). In addition to that deal she found king crab legs on sale for $25/lb.

I just salted the steak and into a blazing hot CI pan, seared and flipped then seared all edges and flipped until IT of 110F. I let is rest for 15 minutes. Very moist tender and pleasant on the palate. Small salad, we split the steak, crab legs and I made some diner style home fries. Delish!! Sorry no other pictures but going to have to try another Wagyu cut.
RG

20230104_170738.jpg

Nice! Pretty hard to beat A5 Wagyu. I did those last year for my birthday, unreal! Mine were from Costco (looks like that's where you got yours). Kudos to your gal for finding such a great deal!

Looks great! I've been eyeing those, myself. I'd like to know how your wife got that discount.

Hmmmmm.......gotta see if Sams does that too. Great looking steak. Bet the meal was great.

Jim

Fantastic marbling in that steak! I’m sure it was delish, especially with king crab. The most extravagant I can make myself go is prime, which is in the $30-$35/lb range here, but I applaud you going for it!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky