Wagyu Chuck roast for burnt ends

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nefarious

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 10, 2021
Seattle WA
I cooked these as my last cook on my GMG Ledge. They were smoked with a combination of mesquite and hickory in the hopper and a 12" tube of mesquite in the smoker at 225. Pulled at 180° and will cook the rest of the way tomorrow.

PXL_20220808_232711343.jpg

Not sure I am actually going to serve them, when the Ledge turned on the fan the smoke coming out of the beast was like this.
PXL_20220808_212736079.jpg

I have very limited experience with a pellet grill, but if that was like that for more than a few minutes, it could be quite bitter, especially with the Mesquite.

- Jason

Looks like a good start. I don’t have GMG, but Traeger does that at first too. I’m sure they’ll be fine as long as it didn’t last too long.

Wow! That’s some thick smoke from a pellet smoker. Did the tube catch on fire when the fan turned on?

if that’s legit waygu chuck your gonna have to eat it! Lol. I hope it turns out good for you cause that’s a chunk of change.

Scott

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky