Vortex with Kamado Joe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bgaviator

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 9, 2010
I just bought a Vortex tonight to use with the Kamado Joe classic. I hope I got the right size. All the sizing charts said to get a "small." Anyone using a Vortex with the Joe? Any tips for using it? I also have a Kick Ash basket, so I'm not sure if I could/should be using that in conjunction or not. Thanks.

I have a Vision Classic and a medium Vortex. I don't have a basket so my vortex sits directly on the floor of the cooker. I really like using the vortex in the kamado even though I can get more capacity using it in my Weber Kettle. Seems like the wings come out more crispy on the kamado.

Reactions: bgaviator
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky