Visiting A Good Friend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Drove to Paducah today to visit a good friend. Ate lunch at Starnes.

Might as well replenish my sauce too.

20220212_131654.jpg

If you neve had their sauce, you need to.

20220212_212554.jpg

I never had it, but I do trust your word, so if I’m ever in that neck of the woods, I’ll look them up for sure.

Never been that far to the west, but I'll be sure to check them out if I find myself near Paducah.

Hope you had a good drive and good grub and nice visit with your friend. Never had their sauce but I like the looks of that big bottle

That sauces looks good . Reminds me of something . Anyway I googled Starnes BBQ sauce , and as usual I got a hit for a SMF thread .
From 2005 .

Reactions: jaxgatorz
That sauces looks good . Reminds me of something . Anyway I googled Starnes BBQ sauce , and as usual I got a hit for a SMF thread .
From 2005 .
Wal Mart sells it...https://www.walmart.com/ip/Starnes-Bbq-Sauce/156533374Starnes bbq sauce

I been using the sauce for 10 years now. When we lived up in PA i would buy the small bottles by the case of 12 and 4 large bottles.

FYI. Starnes is not the average store bought bbq sauce you slather on heavy, It has a kick.

If you say "Hey" i found the recipe online.....Not...I know the 1 secret ingredient.
My friend grew up with the family....HA

The link from 2005 is missing the 1 item in the recipe.

Reactions: chopsaw
I'm gonna order some . I didn't figure it was legit . Might take a look at Walmart .

We dont have it local wally. Might be a local store stock item in paducah.

Road trips are as America as BBQ! I love driving through US more than almost anything! I’ve done so many trips and loved every one, great tip, I’ll be through KY again in a few months and will try to make it work! Thank you!

ll be through KY again in a few months and will try to make it work! Thank you!

If you're coming down I-75 way, you'll pass right close to me.

Hmmmm.....Paducah aint that far from Memphis. Might would be good for a overniter.
Jim
No it isn't! Many moons ago in my first year of playing Navy I was learning my trade at the schoolhouse in Millington. One of my running buddies decided we were taking a road trip to Paducah to catch some kind of spoon bill catfish at a dam there. We didn't catch anything but a lot of beer. Ah the memories!

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky