VIrginia boy needs barrel for UDS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

barrycuda

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
Does anyone know where to get barrels in central or eastern Virginia? No luck on Craigs-list. Thanks.

Barry

Have you checked with any of the local gas stations or restaurants? I am able to get food grade barrels here from a caterer but when I was at the gas station yesterday I noticed that they had a couple of old food grade barrels sitting outside which were used for grease for their fryers.

icon_cool.gif

I would try the larger restaurants and maybe Craig's list is a good source also.

Check around and see if you have any commercial bakerys or bread plants close by. They usually use 55 gal barrels for their pan oilers. All food grade and they are usually used quite quickly. I used to get them from the bread plant I worked at they usually had 2 empties a week.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky