"Very" basic beef sausage/loaf options??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nanuk

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 18, 2012
Central Saskatchewan, Canada
When it comes to food, I lean towards the minimalist side.

I recently bought a small MES clone, and am interested in smoking sausage uncased mostly.
I have a friend with the whole setup for cased stuff.

I'm looking for uncomplicated recipes for beef (Preferred) , beef/pork, and pork ground and smoked product.

I am currently doing up some product using TQ, (BearCarver's Recipes) but can get Cure#1 and plan to do so soon.

if anyone has a 3-5 ingredient recipe, I'd be interested.

Also, I want to try to make some Beef GF Bacon, and for sure some Beef GF Jerky.

And simple and available additives would be better.
I can find Newt Eye, and ground Toad Wart, but some of the other stuff gets hard to source for me here in Central Sask.

I thank you in advance.

Brad.

Last edited:
What flavor profile are you looking for?
There are several sausage recipes on here using beef, or a combo of beef & pork.
For us, we use the sausage seasoning mixes from TheSausageMaker.com.
Sometimes they need to be tweaked a bit, but for the most part they are real good right out of the package.
Al

What flavor profile are you looking for?
Al

I'm not into fancy, or exotic.
things like salt pepper garlic onion..... you know, stuff you can easily find in the store, basic stuff.
(that is why I LOVE Pop's breakfast sausage. I made some but added a few flakes of crushed red pepper to add a kick, as I like that.... Simple... Awesome!)

I just mixed up some meat for GF jerky for my dehydrator. Soya, Worcestershire, a touch of liquid smoke, onion, garlic, a bit of chili powder, Paprika for colour, and I used TQ so didn't add any extra salt. will add CBP on surface just before it hits the dehydrator.
(I have Prague Powder on order, so I can play with the salt content)

I also use sausage maker , but have been thinking about trying the pre packaged spice blends from the grocery store . Like the McCormick beef stew ,, Italian beef or whatever . Add the proper amount of cure . A little thought on how much meat 1 pack does . Have not tried it yet , but been thinkin about it .

I used Pop's recipe and it was all I need for breakfast sausage.

Even my wife likes it, and she cares little for sausage.

the the hot pepper flakes are for MY batch!

Where in Sask are you?? Born and raised there
Gary

Born in Montmartre hospital and spent the first 11 years in Glenavon.
Moved to Arcola in.... '74? or so, and graduated there.
moved around some with my work, but settled in central Sask, rural between PA and Meath Park.

Born in Montmartre hospital and spent the first 11 years in Glenavon.
Moved to Arcola in.... '74? or so, and graduated there.
moved around some with my work, but settled in central Sask, rural between PA and Meath Park.

Ha! Nanuk I was born in Weyburn--We lived in Wordsworth but Weyburn was the closest hospital. From there I lived in Regina, Moose Jaw, Saskatoon, and Prince Albert. Moved to Alberta in 1975. All my family on my Mom's side still live in Wolseley area.
Gary

IRCC, there was a dam on a small reservoir at wordsworth, and we fished there as kids!
is that south of Peebles?
And we fished the Wolseley reservoir also. Caught a LOT of perch there.
and that was the only drive-in within two hours of home!

Wow.... memories!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky