Venison Tenderloin Stuffed Fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmusser

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 11, 2020
Haven't made a fatty in awhile but I was in charge of food for a Goose Island Bourbon County bottle share. Smoked day before and reheated on blackstone with a rack and pan over it. Crisped up bacon on flat top too. These guys never had a fatty so this was a fun time. Outdoors in misty rain at 35*.

1) classic fatty- 1#hot breakfast sausage, seasoning, smoked pepper jack and wrapped up
IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1704.jpg

2) new try-1# mild breakfast sausage, seasoning, smoked mild cheddar, sauteed venison tenderloin with onion and garlic
IMG_1699.jpg
IMG_1705.jpg

Smoked to IT 165* and cooled
IMG_1709.jpg

The ooey, gooey, melted deliciousness that came out of number 2 was simply mind blowing. This will definitely be on the menu in the future!
Great food, great friends, and some great beers!
IMG_1711.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Appreciate the likes and comments! I supplied zero beer so some fatties and steaks over the fire pit was my contribution. Tasty treats and tasty meats! Hahaha

Those fatties look mighty fine to me. Nice Job!!!

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: jmusser
I pretty well use venison anywhere I'd use beef. Earlier this week I took a venison steak, thinly sliced it, then used it in a stir fry with bok choy and udon noodles. To eat the steaks as-is, I cook medium rare with Montreal Steak Spice.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky