Venison Steak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Did the venison in the sous vide at 125. Meant to do this yesterday but did not feel good. It set seasoned in bag for a day. Had kind of a mushy texture and that might of been why. I love this squash and so easy to make. I eat couple times a week. Creamed spinach was really good.

20210822_142840.jpg 20210822_142847.jpg 20210823_152332.jpg 20210823_161251.jpg 20210823_161324.jpg

That's my kind of plate Brian, love creamed spinach! I usually sous vide steak at around 115º for a couple of hours and then give them a nice sear with a weed torch, I like things on the rare side of life, looks like you do too. RAY

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Did you give it a good sear after the water bath? Sous Vide is a neat way of cooking
That's my kind of plate Brian, love creamed spinach! I usually sous vide steak at around 115º for a couple of hours and then give them a nice sear with a weed torch, I like things on the rare side of life, looks like you do too. RAY
I should of seared a little longer. I wanted to make sure not to over cook. I like my venison on the rare side.

Venison steak looks awesome Brian! I need to start filling up my freezer here.

Did you rest the steak before searing? A good 20 minute rest from the SV bag will give you a nice deep sear. I bet it still was great though!

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Venison steak looks awesome Brian! I need to start filling up my freezer here.

Did you rest the steak before searing? A good 20 minute rest from the SV bag will give you a nice deep sear. I bet it still was great though!
Yeah. Let it rest while making squash. Need get one of those weed torches.

Hunting season is starting up, or about to, in many parts of the country. Here in some parts of South Carolina, it started on August 15....

Venison looks good...
Yup, everyone is cleaning out their freezer making room
I love venison but don't hunt. Hopefully my bud takes care of me again. He has a friend that last year was clearing out some doe's and would drop a deer off on his why home to him. Got a few last year and hooked me up!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky