Venison Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ridgehunter

Original poster
Jul 13, 2017
Shelton, Connecticut
With deer season underway I'm looking to make some smoked venison sausage. What's the best brand smoker to buy. I've been researching and it seems like a lot of people are going electric like a Materbuilt. Would like to hear everyone's recommendations.

I have smoke them on a stick burner, and electric. You can smoke them on any of them you have got to be able to run smoker at lower temps, when you can master that on your smoker, your ready. But the master build is so much easier, you set it and dump the chips, put a internal probe in and just watch. Much easier.
dannylang

Reactions: ridgehunter
ive been using my masterbuilt. But you have to get a pellet tube or tray to use in it because the masterbuilts have a hard time burning the chips at that low of temp. Seems to work pretty good for me.
My 2¢
Start with a cabinet electric unit (Masterbuilt, etc.) and an A-Maze-N tube to make the smoke.
Once there, welcome to the obsession

Reactions: ridgehunter
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky