Venison hot Italian sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zzerru

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 14, 2007
Ann Arbor
My buddy and I took/processed this 185lb buck this week. We took 30lbs and decided to make summer sausage and jerky, but to stave off hunger pains while doing so, we cranked out about 2lbs hot Italian sausage that we hot smoked with cherry and then finished on the grill to crisp up the casings. Was 2/3 venison, 1/3 pork/home cured and smoked bacon ends, with a seasoning mix a guy at the farmers market sells and I decided to see how it stacks up against my homemade. I have to admit, his seasoning blend was darn good, nice and fresh with a bit of a kick!

myre3uba.jpg

The deer

y9a2yry4.jpg

Grinding the venison

y2y6equp.jpg

davema5a.jpg

The pork and bacon

5udabu9a.jpg

One hog casing stuffed

apyza2e3.jpg

6u8any7e.jpg

Linked up

u8epunej.jpg

Finished cooking

u6userum.jpg

With horseradish, homemade sauerkraut, and spicy mustard

yzarazud.jpg

Will put up pics of the summer sausage and jerky when it's wrapped up. Thanks for watching.

That's some tasty looking sausage there Z....Nice job................
icon14.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky