Venison Backstraps (Super-Tender & Tasty)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Venison Backstraps (Super-Tender & Tasty)

I Finally got some Deer Backstraps to try in my Sous Vide Supreme.

I usually make Venison Dried Beef with Backstrap, but I told my Son I was going to do some in my SV, and if that’s a flop, I’ll Cure & Smoke the rest.
It looks like all of this batch will be going through the SV. This stuff is Awesome. I’m gonna have to invite the Kid up for Supper, so he understands why. He was rooting for the SV Backstrap to be a Flop, so I’d be making the Venison Dried Beef with the rest of this Backstrap.

So when my Son brought these Backstraps up to my house, I cut them into SV Bagging Size, rinsed them good, patted them Dry, and seasoned them.
Worcestershire Powder, CBP, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder, then bagged two pieces in each bag, Double Sealed, and into the freezer.

Then after we finally used up all the potted foods our DIL brought us while Mrs Bear was laid up, it was time to give a pack of this stuff a try.

Meanwhile I did a lot of research on Venison Backstraps & Steaks in the SV, and planned my Attack.
So Into the Sous Vide it went at 8 AM at 134°.
Then at 4 PM I removed it, Dried it, and sliced it.
Mrs Bear added some Roasted Red Taters, and some Green Beans to the plates.

It was Awesome—Plenty Tasty, Juicy, and Tender. Even Mrs Bear liked it. So 8 hours of 134° was just right for these Venison Backstraps.

Then the next morning I ate some more slices with my Morning Eggs, and finished up the leftover Roasted Reds.

I still got plenty for tonight’s Supper!!!

Bear

Cut to size & Cleaned up, ready for seasoning & bagging:
IMG_1695.jpg

One pair of pieces, seasoned & Vacuum Sealed:
IMG_1743.jpg

In the rack & ready for a nice warm bath:
IMG_1744.jpg

Slicing for Supper:
IMG_1747.jpg

Bear's first helping of Venison Backstrap, Roasted Reds, and Green Beans:
IMG_1749.jpg

A container of Leftover Slices:
IMG_1752.jpg

Next Day's Breakfast of Two Eggs, Sliced Backstrap, and the Leftover Roasted Reds:
IMG_1753.jpg

Home run both times looks great !

Gary

That looks awesome!
You guys are so trying to tempt me into doing SV. I'll put it on the list right after UMAI cured sausages in the future. I gotta get more space for more toys hahaha :)

That looks awesome!
You guys are so trying to tempt me into doing SV. I'll put it on the list right after UMAI cured sausages in the future. I gotta get more space for more toys hahaha :)

Thank You Tall,
I know what you mean about room. Our last move was from a 2900 Sq Ft rancher with a huge kitchen, to a 1500 Sq Ft house with a Kitchen about 1/3 as big.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky