Veggies sous vide on the smoker?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BryanMaloney

Original poster
Jul 26, 2022
Okay, maybe I'm having a moment and just need to be talked down, but couldn't one use a sous vide bag on a smoker to cook vegetables without drying them out? A trick would be finding a cool spot in the smoker, yes? Or have I just gone mad? It could be called "pseus vide".

How about smoked/pseus vide potatoes? Start them on the smoker to soak up a bit of flavor, pop them in the bag, seal with a bit of liquid, then pop into the cool smoker spot?

No need to use expensive sous vide bags when cheap tin foil is available and will not melt or explode from steam build up.

Last edited:
Reactions: BryanMaloney
No need to use expensive plastic bags when cheap tin foil is availible and will not melt or explode from steam build up.
Good point. I still make the Boy Scout 'hobo potatoes' with onion, garlic, and peppers.
dzbCkbJ.jpg
GpUuZoh.jpg

Reactions: BryanMaloney
No need to use expensive plastic bags when cheap tin foil is availible and will not melt or explode from steam build up.

Okay, but I'm not a fan of how aluminum leaches into things when heat and acid are applied. The plastic would let me add marinade to the vegetables with less chance of reaction.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky