Vegan meals by default.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dive Bar Casanova

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 3, 2021
Wife volunteers at the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary in Utah.
Comb and polishing porcupines, assists with dog rehabilitation, feeds the mules.
Located in an amazing valley all it's own.

Finding a decent meal in Utah is a real education.
You have to make it yourself.

The animal Sanctuary had a Vegan buffet style restaurant.
$5 donation. Good news; all you can eat. Bad news; plenty of it.

I had what tasted like pencil erasers with melted/liquidated Tonka Truck tires as a gravy.
Washed down with a tall glass of nothing.

Desert may have been ground up barbie dolls blended with wall paper paste. No idea what the frosting was. Naugahyde came to mind:
A826C017-47A1-459A-B8A9-5C24A06A1064.jpeg

Tomorrows menu: Sawdust.

I tell you what - the area is absolutely beautiful.
We took the Can Am on a few near by trails and it was spectacular.
We did encounter one trail that was deep in mud and ice.

bfa643ad-1b19-4a0b-b8e4-31d0654af52c-jpeg.jpg

One stretch was a 200' steep downhill on icy rock.
Quickly became a Missouri Hay ride with no control just a sled down the icy rocks to a puddle of near frozen mud.
Wifie is fearless she loves this crazy stuff.
Then the trail took us to Belly of the Dragon Cave. Pictured in the background.

We hit the coin op car wash on the way back.
Owner quickly rolled up as I predicted and we thought he'd run us off.
No, just asked that we clean the stall as nice as our kitchen floor at home when done.

Wife made me stand there and she hosed me off with the coin op sprayer too.
I thought she was kidding. Nope dead serious.

Last edited:
Reactions: bauchjw
When their is a natural catastrophe in the USA recovered pets that didn't survive are usually collected and shipped off to the Sanctuaries vast grave yards. Read that: Vast and many of them.
Someone there 24/7 tending to the graves. On the level, I kid you not. Cracker Jack, squared away.
Best-Friends-Animal-Society-Sanctuary-12-of-12.jpg

5TfhM4A.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like a good time with the CanAm. Of couse after the sounds of that buffet I'd have had to hit a burger joint somewhere. And you were doing a good deed.
Jim

Reactions: Dive Bar Casanova
Sounds like a good time with the CanAm. Of couse after the sounds of that buffet I'd have had to hit a burger joint somewhere. And you were doing a good deed.
Jim

We did.
In California family run restaurants are rare and you'll never see a new one opening anymore.
Utah still has many and we found a good, non chain burger joint; Big Al's.
Appreciative employees working there too. Something you don't find in Cali either.
A killer salted carmel apple pie malt went down well with the Outlaw Burger..

Reactions: JLeonard
Hahaha! That sounds like a great time and a unique Vegan Buffet experience! Just like an expensive meal, I think we should all experience it once! My sister went through a Vegan Phase and when I visited her in San Francisco she took me to a Vegan restaurant promising that I'll love it and wouldn't know the difference. I think you summed up the flavors and experience perfectly, it was absolutely disgusting. I'd rather just get a fresh salad and veggies, I like those, pretending that whatever they are putting together is a pizza or burrito was insanity! But, I love my sister and did my best. Thankfully, she's a carnivore again! Thank you for sharing a cool experience supporting a good cause!
1646925372540.png

Reactions: Dive Bar Casanova
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky