Vacuum tumbling jerky?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

johnnyb54

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 16, 2015
I recently saw a video from Walton’s Inc. about vacuum tumbling jerky. The reason for using this method according to them was 1) decrease marinating time and 2) to get the more flavor from the surface into the jerky. Has anyone tried this or have any suggestion. TIA

I got a Vac Tumbler from Todd at A-MAZE-N Products. It was inexpensive and works great. We use it all the time to Quick Marinate Meat. 30 to 60 minutes gives the same flavor as soaking overnight...JJ

I don't have one of those. But, what I've been doing to quick marinate meats is to put it in a 1/2 gallon or gallon mason jar. And vacuum seal. Then just give it a shake once in awhile.

Reactions: chopsaw
I also have a Vacuum Tumbler from Todd at the AMAZEN Company. I use it mainly for Jerky and find that not only does it marinate the meat much faster it also tenderizes the tougher cuts that I use because of the two plastic blades inside the container. They are not really blades but angled plastic strips probably designed to help agitate the meat while it is tumbling. The marinate penetrates very quickly due to the vacuum and the tumbling motion.
mds51

I also have a Vacuum Tumbler from Todd at the AMAZEN Company. I use it mainly for Jerky and find that not only does it marinate the meat much faster it also tenderizes the tougher cuts that I use because of the two plastic blades inside the container. They are not really blades but angled plastic strips probably designed to help agitate the meat while it is tumbling. The marinate penetrates very quickly due to the vacuum and the tumbling motion.
mds51

I didn’t see the tumbler on Todd’s site. Does he still sale them?

Give Todd a call. Mine is a couple years old. At the time he had a couple hundred. They may be sold out by now...JJ

This is similar...

I am not sure. Last time I talked to his wife Rhonda I think she said they only had the canisters. I would call and ask her if they have a few left over. You will not find a nicer person to work with than Rhonda. If not they are available online at reasonable pricing.
mds51

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky