Upside Down Blueberry Polenta Cake

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Was looking for Blueberry recipe and seen dirtsailor2003 dirtsailor2003 recipe for Upside Down Blueberry Polenta Cake. Was between this and chilerelleno chilerelleno Blueberry Baked Oatmeal. John made comment that that Blueberry cake was his favorite so that what I went with though I will be doing that oatmeal one. Could not decide between orange or lemon rind so I did both. I think that was the right call as can taste both and it is really good. I forgot to grease the sides of pan but no big deal just ran a knife around and not to bad.

20220903_101544.jpg 20220903_104735.jpg

Judy is not here right now, but I have to show her this!
She loves polenta, and I’m sure we will be eating this tomorrow, or maybe tonight!
Al

Judy is not here right now, but I have to show her this!
She loves polenta, and I’m sure we will be eating this tomorrow, or maybe tonight!
Al
This really needs to sit over night for the cornmeal to set. It is so good after sitting a day.

I can say I made the Blueberry oatmeal dessert for Christmas. It was out of this world. Now I gotta try this. I'm lazy, can you share the link for the recipe?

Jim

Reactions: chilerelleno
Looks great Brian! Nicely done! I’m starting to get a hankering for some fresh blueberries.

I can say I made the Blueberry oatmeal dessert for Christmas. It was out of this world. Now I gotta try this. I'm lazy, can you share the link for the recipe?

Jim
dirtsailor2003 dirtsailor2003 's original thread / recipe.

I threw a few twists into mine slightly different from his.
Namely I use a mix of both regular sugar and brown sugar with the blueberries.
In one cake I used lemon zest instead of orange, both are good.
And I prefer them glazed with a simple powdered sugar glaze, plain or with either lemon or orange zest in the glaze.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky