Upgrade Issues

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The forum no longer shows the poster's location (if the member included it in his/her profile). I miss that feature, especially if a thread is weather related.

Reactions: mneeley490
The forum no longer shows the poster's location (if the member included it in his/her profile). I miss that feature, especially if a thread is weather related.

I think the ones that are missing, didn't include their in their profile.
I just looked---Yours (Indiana) & mine (Macungie, PA) are there:

Bear

Odd, they are not showing in my browser (MS Edge). When I get time I'll try Chrome & Firefox and see if there is any difference.

I was referring to the poster info on the left of the post, the avatar picture and the banners below the picture. Sorry for the confusion.

I was referring to the poster info on the left of the post, the avatar picture and the banners below the picture. Sorry for the confusion.

That's where I got the above info.
I just "Mouse over" on your Avatar & that comes up.

Bear

Maybe this will show it better:
Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 9.16.50 AM.png

Mouse over the Avatar. Click on the location and a map pops up showing the location... Pretty cool whom ever added that feature...

These new "things" that were added take awhile to "FIND" and learn how to use... It doesn't come with directions....

These new "things" that were added take awhile to "FIND" and learn how to use... It doesn't come with directions....

Yep. Every time I went to "New Posts" I was getting tired of "x'ing" the "unread" and "participated" posts buttons. Looked in filters, made sure everything was unclicked, then checked "set as default." BINGO! Issue solved.

Yep. Every time I went to "New Posts" I was getting tired of "x'ing" the "unread" and "participated" posts buttons. Looked in filters, made sure everything was unclicked, then checked "set as default." BINGO! Issue solved.

I'm tired of X'ing the unread too.
Where are the Filters?

Bear

I'm tired of X'ing the unread too.
Where are the Filters?

Bear
Go into "New Posts." On my Android it is to the right (your right side) of the unread and participated buttons. On my Win10/Edge it is just below "Mark Forums Read" on the your right side.

Filters say "Show Only" then boxes you can click or unclick. All mine are unclicked then I clicked "Save as default."

You can click yours as desired.

Reactions: Bearcarver
Go into "New Posts." On my Android it is to the right (your right side) of the unread and participated buttons. On my Win10/Edge it is just below "Mark Forums Read" on the your right side.

Filters say "Show Only" then boxes you can click or unclick. All mine are unclicked then I clicked "Save as default."

You can click yours as desired.

Thank You!!
Sure glad I can stop doing that all the time!
Like.

Bear

When I click on NEW POSTS - it pops up just fine but there is always a SHOW ONLY UNREAD above the posts. Is there any way to permanently turn this off - or on? Or a way to set this in "settings" to default to the way I want it?

I know clicking on it once to make it go away is only one mouse click...don't hate me :-)

When I click on NEW POSTS - it pops up just fine but there is always a SHOW ONLY UNREAD above the posts. Is there any way to permanently turn this off - or on? Or a way to set this in "settings" to default to the way I want it?

I know clicking on it once to make it go away is only one mouse click...don't hate me :-)

Yup, What Noboundaries said above in Post #173 worked for me too.

Bear

I just found a NEW telltale to find unread threads where new items have been added....
I clicked on "Threads with your posts"... To the left of the thread title was a RED DOT ... It noted where new posts were added to that thread since I last opened it....
THANK YOU for doing that...

So that's what those little red dots mean...thank you dave! Since I just recently joined I had no idea what they meant. Been lurking here since before the last major upgrade to the new platform but it's way different to actually post things than just read the forum.
Just want to say thank you to all that work behind the scenes, especially when updates or big changes are made! I've read alot on here and can't imagine the time you all put in.
Have a couple questions...first I will say I view the forum on my android phone. My computer is way too slow and I don't have the patience to wait while it thinks. Also not real computer literate (I'm in the same category as bearcarver but behind him a bit). Since I've joined the carousel has only worked twice. It is in proper size and I can scroll through all of them but can't click and view them. Worked once tonight and once a few days ago, kinda thought it was operator error on my part being new.
That's enough for now, sorry so long.

Thanks
Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky