Updates and Good news and Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
I hope everyone who wants a vaccine can get one soon if they haven't already. Before I quit my job I preformed Infectious Disease testing in the lab (covid testing too)...so I got vaxed at work. Wife was in the fringe of the age cut off here till yesterday and we got her an appointment for Monday 40 miles away but worth the drive! My daughter with Type 1 diabetes finally got an appointment for today. She shoulda been on the earlier list. Anyone with Type 1 knows how devastating illnesses are on blood sugar management.

I have more hope now that freedom from covid is closer. I really need and want some beach/ocean therapy on some remote island!!!!

So I made Baby Backs - first rack of the new year! Rubbed with BPS Sweet Money, smoked on the rec tec at 250 till done - about 5 hours. no wrap. Sauced with Blues Hog Original on the plate. these were just killer.

thank you to all on SMF, best friends!

IMG_6765(Edited).jpg

Some fine looking ribs there for sure! We have to drive 50 miles to get our second shot next week, got the first one three miles from home. Go figure. RAY

It seems ribs are our "Go-To" for first cook of the season, and yours look great!! Man, I'm so glad to see the weather getting nicer. I'm not really ready to dust off the offset just yet but the Weber Kettle is getting a workout :-)
The Mrs. got her second shot Tuesday and I get mine tomorrow.

Nice looking ribs! Glad to hear the good news! That therapy you speak of sounds great!

Ryan

Great looking Ribs and enjoy your Island Get-Away!...JJ

Really good looking ribs for sure! Glad you and your family are on your way to some form of normalcy.
The wife and I are only 60 so we are still waiting in the long line. When we get ours we plan on going to Minnesota for a Royals game.

Ribs look great glad to hear everyone is getting thier shot. Got my first about 1 hour ago.
Richie

Got my first about 1 hour ago.
great news! I had zero side effects - hope you have an easy go.

Great looking Ribs and enjoy your Island Get-Away!...JJ
thanks! Cant wait...we usually do scuba vacations with a group of friends. its been sad not to be able to do these for so long!

Good looking ribs and even better news!
JIm
many thanks!
The ribs look awesome & glad to hear the good news that you’all are getting your shots!
Al
Thanks Al!

Some fine looking ribs there for sure! We have to drive 50 miles to get our second shot next week, got the first one three miles from home. Go figure. RAY
Odd for sure but what ever it takes to get the shots.

Nice looking ribs.
call those unemployment ribs!

The Mrs. got her second shot Tuesday and I get mine tomorrow.
Nice - it feels better knowing the vaccine is on board.

Nice looking ribs! Glad to hear the good news! That therapy you speak of sounds great!
yeah - nothing like some island time to reset the attitude!

thanks all! Dave

Great looking ribs never a wrong choice.
We are also in the line up for shots, maybe in the next month or so. They are all over the board with who and when
people can receive shots. As we have 4 different kinds of shots coming here into the province. But at least its getting into arms now.

David

Nice ribs. Comfort food is needed on a regular schedule.
My first smoke of the year was a pork shoulder 10 days ago.
Now that weather is tolerable, wife has kept me busy on the kettle.
We got our mental health break with 10 days in the Florida panhandle the end of January.

Nice Ribs. Glad you are all getting taken care of. We're still waiting, almost 60, but that's too young, lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky