Upcoming Sales

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
-Kroger will once again have briskets for $2.99/lb. but conspicuously missing is the USDA Choice badge..
1647970405285.png

Another OK deal they'll have is pork tenderloins for $2.99/lb. May be the perfect opportunity to make Steve H Steve H 's recipe...
1647970488526.png

Couple of other items are 73/27 burger for $2.99/lb. and USDA Choice boneless chucks for $4.99/lb.

-Food Lion will have boneless pork loins for $1.99/lb. and 80/20 burger for $3.49/lb. Drumsticks and thighs for 99¢/lb. Probably their best deal is Saturday only, pork back ribs for $2.49/lb. with a limit of 2...

1647971364943.png

Baby Back Ribs
MVP $2.49 LB
Valid on March 26, 2022

Food Lion Chicken Drumsticks Or Thighs
MVP $0.99 LB

I may be in the market for some thighs myself.

Edit to add that Aldi's will have St. Louis ribs for $2.99/lb. and fresh lamb chops for $9.99/lb.

Last edited:
Krogers here has chuck roasts BOGO. Probably about $7 a lb though but you come out at $3.50 a lb for two of them which isn't too bad.

Kroger will once again have briskets for $2.99/lb. but conspicuously missing is the USDA Choice badge..

Funny you should mention that. Got the wheels turning a little. I smoked one of these this past weekend. The Kroger $2.99 a lb deal. And you are right there wasn't a choice sticker on it like normal. Turned out a little tough and dry and I pulled it at 197. I was thinking it was user error but if it was crap meat that might have played a factor.

Funny you should mention that. Got the wheels turning a little. I smoked one of these this past weekend. The Kroger $2.99 a lb deal. And you are right there wasn't a choice sticker on it like normal. Turned out a little tough and dry and I pulled it at 197. I was thinking it was user error but if it was crap meat that might have played a factor.
The last sale add a couple of weeks ago had them listed as "Choice", but a friend of mine bought one and it did not have any "Choice" label on it anywhere including the cry-o-vac packaging. I'm thinking that was misleading advertising as I thought whole packers are to be labeled with the grade on the meat itself and the packaging...

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
The grade here in So Cal seems inconsequential. There are not many briskets available unless I go to Sam's Club and then it is Choice or Prime clearly stamped. Choice is usually around $4.75lb and Prime is about $5lb. Takes the price to a point I just don't want to pay for a single piece of meat no matter how much I love brisket. Damn shame though. Pre COVID the normal price at Sam's was that $2.99lb that Kroeger is "selling" them for. I was always excited when the price would drop to $1.99lb. I would always grab one at that price. Too bad Putin and COVID have ensured that doesn't happen again.

G

I can’t ever find the sale items at Kroger. I quit trying. It’s like they only put a couple out and sell out super fast. Not worth the drive for me anymore.

I can’t ever find the sale items at Kroger. I quit trying. It’s like they only put a couple out and sell out super fast. Not worth the drive for me anymore.
I know what you mean. Kroger isn't real convenient for me, but I will make the trek for a deal. Last time I went they were "sold out" of what I went for. I have a rain check, but should I risk it?

Anyway....GO COCKS!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky