Unstuffed Smoked Beef Pepperoni Sticks with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
No problem whatsoever with the  Bear's method. The IT seemed to rise somewhat rapidly near the end, and I didn't check soon enough. Not quite krispy kritters,  but definitely over done. Ernie

No problem whatsoever with the  Bear's method. The IT seemed to rise somewhat rapidly near the end, and I didn't check soon enough. Not quite krispy kritters,  but definitely over done. Ernie
Sorry to hear that, Ernie!!

I guess ya gotta say what I always said after a Baseball loss----"We'll get the next one".

Bear

My go-to list I use pretty regular   Beef Sticks this time

Gary

Yep, I only made a small batch one time, but everybody liked em,  I be making some more pretty soon

I did make one of your other recipes today   I stick it in Blowing Smoke

Gary

Made 10 pounds of Bear's  Unstuffed Smoked Beef Pepperoni Sticks and they turned out to perfection..great recipe Bear..

only change made was up crushed red pepper to 1 heaping TBS per 5 lbs...

With my smoke house I did not get meat to desired recipe temperature but taste tested after 4 hrs was well done..150 internal..

​Now i am wanting to make unstuffed pork sticks..would appreciate any suggestions.. 

Made 10 pounds of Bear's  Unstuffed Smoked Beef Pepperoni Sticks and they turned out to perfection..great recipe Bear..

only change made was up crushed red pepper to 1 heaping TBS per 5 lbs...

With my smoke house I did not get meat to desired recipe temperature but taste tested after 4 hrs was well done..150 internal..

​Now i am wanting to make unstuffed pork sticks..would appreciate any suggestions.. 
Thanks Pignut!!

Glad you liked it.

Sure you can mix Pork in with it, but I wouldn't go more than 50-50.

Try some like that first, and go from there.

Keep all the other ingredients the same, and make sure you keep the same percentage of TQ per pound of ground meat.

PM me if you run into any questions---That way I don't miss the question.

Bear

Last edited:
Hey Bear...I used your unstuffed beef stick recipe again using pork ...turned out perfect 25#...for each 5# we used.

2 1/2 TBS TQ

2       tsp  Italian seasoning

1       TBS crush red pepper

1       tsp black pepper

1 1/2 tsp sage

1       tsp cayenne

1 1/2 tsp coriander

1       tsp garlic power

1 1/2 tsp mustard seed

smoked between 150 to170 for four hours

Question do you know anyone that has made pan sausage using TQ instead of saly ?? 

Hey Bear...I used your unstuffed beef stick recipe again using pork ...turned out perfect 25#...for each 5# we used.

2 1/2 TBS TQ

2       tsp  Italian seasoning

1       TBS crush red pepper

1       tsp black pepper

1 1/2 tsp sage

1       tsp cayenne

1 1/2 tsp coriander

1       tsp garlic power

1 1/2 tsp mustard seed

smoked between 150 to170 for four hours

Question do you know anyone that has made pan sausage using TQ instead of saly ?? 
Thank You Pignut !!

You might be interested in this one---One of the first things I ever cured & smoked 7 years ago:

I took some very bland "Venison Fresh Sausage", and cured it with TQ, just like I do bacon (After it was already stuffed).

Then I smoked it, and it was some of the Best Smoked Sausage I ever ate.

Very easy & Awesome!!!

On Edit:   http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/84129/venison-sausage-converted

Sorry I forgot the link. I actually did everything like I do Bacon or any other "Whole" meat----By Weight (for amount of TQ) & Thickness (for how long to cure).

Bear

Last edited:

Thank Bear

It looked like a success...
Yes it was---It took a very Bland Fresh Sausage, and turned it into a Very Tasty Smoked Sausage.
icon14.gif

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky