University of Illinois Meat Lab

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Scott "Stu" Stewart

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 14, 2018
Philo Illinois
The U of I in Urbana Il. has a wonderful resource for very fresh, choice and prime grade meats including beef, pork, chicken, lamb, veal, eggs, and their house made sausages, bacon, and frozen patty section. Prices are ultra reasonable and the quality is tough to beat. Check out these short ribs.
short ribs2.jpg

Chambana also a great place to go drinking. I fondly remember visiting my girlfriend there in the late 1960s for drinks at Kams and Dooley's. I vividly still remember discovering at Kams on St. Patrick's Day, that what goes in green comes out green.

Kam's is still kicking. The scene has died out a bit over the years, but C-U still has its moments. Unofficial St. Patty's is still a very big/deal.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky