Umai Pancetta

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bregent

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 1, 2014
I'm made coppa and bresaola many times with umai and they've turned out great. I've currently got a 4.5lb rolled pancetta drying in the fridge for about 3 weeks now and it seems to be losing moisture very slowly. I'm guessing this may be due to the outer fat layer blocking evaporation and the fact it's just a larger cut.

Anyone do one of these before and remember what the total drying time was? Thanks.

0616F167-6221-4DF5-8F56-DC7FBB6536A9.jpeg
100% normal. I nearly always have one done and when one is half way through it’s weight loss, I start another. Surprised me at first, and second and third attempts. Then I accepted it. You can speed it up by keeping it “flat” but that is totally up to you. Rolled makes a better presentation, but increases the time required significantly.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky