UK calling - hoping to do things right!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rob_from_the_UK

Original poster
Nov 28, 2021
OK, so it's only polite that I drop in here to introduce myself... don't think there are too many from the UK on here, so standby for some (possibly) strange questions...

BBQ in the UK tends to be about meat over a heat source... direct heat from gas (yuck...) or charcoal - I've spent years doing large scale events catering where we would do 600+ for a BBQ and quite often have full pig roasts over oak logs etc. That's all a long way behind me (15 years or more ago) and I'm now just feeding the family...

Having said that, I have a 'significant' birthday next year, so have been thinking of building a smoker, given we may have various garden events to cater for.

Currently I have a BBQ that will do 6-8 or so, and a wood fired pizza oven...

Let's see what 2022 can bring!

Welcome from Minnesota. What type/size smoker are you looking to build?

Thanks for the welcome - I've just posted in the Build section with some thoughts etc on a dual purpose smoker / BBQ (and waiting for the howls of protest...) but am thinking of something around 4' long and about 16-18" in diameter

Howdy from New England! I haven’t built one but have looked into building a drum smoker. Takes a minimum of tools and metal working skills, you can even buy a kit. Just one option, good luck.

Reactions: bigfurmn
Welcome to SMF!
There are plenty of very talented builders on here to help you with your build.
Al

Welcome to the site from Winnipeg, Canada. Started smoking somewhat late in life so I'm not able to help with your build but wish you luck with your project.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky