UDS w/BBQ Guru Controller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

apn73

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 23, 2020
Suffolk, VA
Hello All,

Any UDS users out there using the BBQ Guru or BBQube controllers? I've been reading about these controllers and they sound pretty neat, just wondering how well they work on a home built UDS based off a 55 gallon steel drum.

Thanks,

Adam.

I use the cyberq on my wsm and love it. The way it works is that the more air that you give the fire, the hotter it gets. As long as the fan has control of the air, then your good. The wsm has three air inlets. I have gaskets on the door and top to keep outside air from entering. I shut off the other 2 after warm up and then the cyberq has control. The guru fan has a damper to slide for how much air is blown in, along with it controlling the fan cycling on and off at the rate needed. You do have to keep the fire low so it needs the air. If there's to much fire then the fan can't control. It should work for the uds as long as you can control air entering from places other than the guru.

Reactions: apn73
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky