UDS Barrel

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

OHSmoke

Original poster
Mar 28, 2020
Hey everyone,

Starting a UDS build here and just acquired a new barrel. I think they may have given me one different than I ordered, as it was supposed to have a white top, but instead this one has a black top. I know nothing about metals/materials and just wanted to check if this one is good to go. I believe this barrel is unlined, but wanted to make sure it is not galvanized. Thanks for your help.
Barrel.jpg
barrel2.jpg

I would think it is OK being new barring any kind of zinc/galvanic treatment . See if the info at this link helps:

I'm curious about the high quality of the auto-welded seam. This could be a specialty drum. I'd call and ask them if this a HAZ-MAT drum, which are unlined and generally heavier gauge steel. But as a minimum, they should tell you if it's galvanized which is unlikely.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky