Type of pork loin for canadian bacon.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texasfiddlefan

Original poster
Dec 27, 2010
Can I use a pork loin that says ( solution added) for making canadian bacon. Thats about the only kind I find in the grocery stores.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Ya sure can . I use em all the time. .

I cut my loin sections about  10" long and i use TQ in my cure.

Also if you look at alot of the cure post for CB they say 7 days to cure . i have started going around 9 days ass i seem to get a better cure penitration.

icon_cool.gif

I used them all time like Bob. I also use tender quick and some brown sugar in mine too. The let it hang out in the refrig for about 10 days and then rinse it and fry some of it before you smoke some. You want to see how salty it  is before you smoke it. Then just smoke it to about 165° and you will be golden.

Thanks for that information Eman, Albertson's has them on sale this week for $1.99. I think I'll give it a try.  Also I found TQ at a local store for $5.29 for 2#.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky