Two "Rookie" questions about 3-2-1

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

elmcityboy

Original poster
Dec 21, 2010
Hi - I'm new to this and have two rookie questions - appreciate the help and happy holidays!

1)  I'm more of a fan of Baby-Back ribs - what do I need to change to use this method for baby backs (or is there a better method for fall off the bone ribs)?

2)  Should I use indirect heat or direct heat when using 3-2-1?

Thanks again!

The times for Baby Backs are 2-2-1 and indirect would be better you want cooker temps of about 225

2-2-1 @ 225 degrees. Can't miss with this & like realtorterry says "Don't forget to remove the membrane".

If you want the meat to fall off the bone then you have to use foil....I just did some baby back ribs last week and didn't use foil and smoked them for 5 hours, they turned out great but didn't fall off the bone which was fine because they were for a work Christmas Party!

Thanks, everyone...lol - we tried to find some nice racks but failed...instead we went with a Brisket and Butt to feed the family.  Both came out great as I experiemented with smoke (6), wrap (6) and sit for 30 mins, then pull/slice...juicy and awesome!  Enjoy the q-view and Happy
4abadf64_brisket.jpg
 New Year!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky