Twice Seared NY & Shrimp.....aka next level leftovers!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

civilsmoker

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 27, 2015
Idaho
So had a couple 1/2s of monster thick NYs from Sunday’s meal and decided to take them to the next level for left overs.....

Did a re-season on the NY then the boy made up some shrimp seasoned up with old bay, onion & garlic power and on the grill grated Weber
5550093E-DBA1-402B-B5F4-FAC52D9AAB31.jpeg

10 min (in total) split each side for the NY and 3 min per side for the shrimp and bingo! Oh baby the slice is making me happy!
085FE89F-F6A5-450A-9C63-599C7579AA1B.jpeg

The plate was finished out with a bed of Gordon Ramsey whipped Yukon gold mash that the NY slices rested on then it was topped with my quick au jus that was thickened with a flower/butter roux and some seared shrooms
FB13A210-FF4B-4552-A48C-BF8D9FF8D689.jpeg

can’t forget my wife’s lemon thyme, vinaigrette, Asiago & pine nut salad!!!! Man I’m ruined for store bought dressings!
F7897F4F-2AF2-4637-B2E4-4775FCA3FE80.jpeg

next level leftover money!
E397EDE9-AB49-4D6A-B75C-466B42F70C79.jpeg

A intoxicated food comma followed dinner.......even forgot it was Monday!

Last edited:
Looks delicious! 2 of my favorites put together just right. Steak perfectly cooked. Great work from your boy too on that Shrimp. Salad looks great , and homemade dressing? Yes please.

Lookin' Good!...JJ

Most excellent looking meal(minus the fungus) Civil

Point for sure
Chris

I could founder myself on that meal! It all looks amazing! And I know how good that gravy has to be...I've made two batches of au jus using your recipe, it's so good! :emoji_thumbsup:

Ryan

Very nice
Thanks shoeboe!

Looks delicious! 2 of my favorites put together just right. Steak perfectly cooked. Great work from your boy too on that Shrimp. Salad looks great , and homemade dressing? Yes please.
Much appreciated MJB! Yes homemade dressing. We haven't purchased commercial made dressing for for some time. My wife makes all her own and I each a LOT more salad for sure!

That meal looks fantastic!
Many thanks jim!

Lookin' Good!...JJ
Thanks JJ!

Most excellent looking meal(minus the fungus) Civil

Point for sure
Chris
OH NO there is a fungus amung us......sorry I had to.....Thanks Chris!

Heck yeah. Those some good looking leftovers!
Thanks Jake, its kinda hard to call it leftovers but leftovers can be firsts in my book!

I could founder myself on that meal! It all looks amazing! And I know how good that gravy has to be...I've made two batches of au jus using your recipe, it's so good! :emoji_thumbsup:

Ryan
Ryan, you should try it as gravy for sure. 1/3 each butter & flour, then cook mid high till it turns almost a brown paper bag color. Once to the right color I pour it in a small dish to let cool a bit, then blend in & bring to a light bubble. You might need to thin it out with some more stock but that won't mute the flavor much (Note you can also add some chicken stock to "brighten" it up if its too rich.....don't worry it won't ruin the flavor, just a nice blended profile!). Sear (on SUPER HIGH heat) the mushrooms in a separate pan (fully seasoned) with a little butter and classic olive oil. You're not looking to cook the shrooms but just sear them with color. Once they have color deglaze the pan with a little beef stock then pour in the gravy and let the residual heat finish the shrooms. I add the shrooms just a few minutes before serving(also note the shrooms bring the flavor together so don't do finish seasoning till they have been added and blended in for a min or two). You can adjust the "bite" with extra soy and Worcestershire. Its perfect for thin sliced beef on toast!

Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky