Tuscan Soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
This is one of of the best tasting soups you can make. This is a low carb version. Browned some Hot Italian Sausage. Added some onions.

IMG_20221213_142705551_HDR.jpg IMG_20221213_143035498.jpg IMG_20221213_143541373_HDR.jpg

Cut up some turnips and sun dried tomatoes.

IMG_20221213_144024264.jpg

Added sausage, turnips, tomatoes and 5 cups home made chicken broth to IP. Seasoned with salt, pepper and this Italian Herb I got from Sam's. It is so good.

IMG_20221213_144646273.jpg

Set IP for 8 minutes.

IMG_20221213_153502713.jpg

Than added Spinach and set for another 2 minutes. Added 3/4 cup heavy cream and 1/4 Parmesan cheese. Added 2 Tbs of Beef Gelatin powder to thicken a little.

IMG_20221213_153704321_HDR.jpg IMG_20221213_155321706_HDR.jpg

I have made this several times now after Steve made his couple years ago.

Looks good Brian. Especially this time of year

Point for sure
Chris

Nice Brian, need a good low carb thick soup, thanks for posting. Never heard of beef gelatin, where do you get it?

Wow that looks awesome! I’m a big soup fan, but haven’t tried this yet, on the list now! Thank you!

Delicious looking bowl of soup!! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Thanks
Looks great. I may give this a try. Thank you.
Thanks. You won't be disappointed
Looks good Brian. Especially this time of year

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris
Nice Brian, need a good low carb thick soup, thanks for posting. Never heard of beef gelatin, where do you get it?
Thanks Cliff. Got it on amazon. It just thickens a little. Glucomannan works great for low carb thickener but just takes a small amount. Start small. Also arrowroot but it has some carbs but I don't mind. I not doing Keto
Great looking soup Brian, nice job!
Thanks Joe
Wow that looks awesome! I’m a big soup fan, but haven’t tried this yet, on the list now! Thank you!
Thanks Jed Highly recommend. Steve and Jeff both have great versions.
Really good looking bowl of soup Brian! The sun dried tomatoes are a nice addition too.
Thanks Steve. The tomatoes came from Jeff's version.

Wow Brian, that looks like a hearty and heart-warming pot of soup right there. You got me taking a close look at this and gonna go back to Steve's, read through both, and probably make a batch of this tomorrow. Would do it today but already have dinner plans...that I am dreading.

Robert

Wow Brian, that looks like a hearty and heart-warming pot of soup right there. You got me taking a close look at this and gonna go back to Steve's, read through both, and probably make a batch of this tomorrow. Would do it today but already have dinner plans...that I am dreading.

Robert
Thanks Robert. I combined Steve's, Jeff's and mine. This is one of the tastiest soups. I feeding couple friends at the river lately. Hard to cook for one. John's wife wants me to cook a brisket for her. Guess I will get one of those .99 cent ones at Market Street tomorrow. We sure been having some great sales this month. God Bless Texas!

That does look like a very good soup. I just bookmarked it. Thanks.
Thanks Sven

This is one of of the best tasting soups you can make. This is a low carb version. Browned some Hot Italian Sausage. Added some onions.

View attachment 651127View attachment 651126View attachment 651124

Cut up some turnips and sun dried tomatoes.

View attachment 651123

Added sausage, turnips, tomatoes and 5 cups home made chicken broth to IP. Seasoned with salt, pepper and this Italian Herb I got from Sam's. It is so good.

View attachment 651122

Set IP for 8 minutes.

View attachment 651120

Than added Spinach and set for another 2 minutes. Added 3/4 cup heavy cream and 1/4 Parmesan cheese. Added 2 Tbs of Beef Gelatin powder to thicken a little.

View attachment 651119View attachment 651118

I have made this several times now after Steve made his couple years ago.
Man that looks fantastic! Good work!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky